By Callaway Kobes
Who were the Comanches
The Comanches were a native american in who live in the plains. Their territory Stretched from north mexico to Kansas and from new mexico to Texas or known as the the Texas plains, there territory was called Comancheria. They were superb hunters who adopted riding on source back.
Organization of leadership
- They were separated into 5 main different bands
- Each band had a peace chief and war chief, a council of elders who made important decisions
- These chiefs were chosen by members of the bands
- sometimes leaders in bands would meet as a council to make decisions together
- The Comanche were believers in both good and bad spirits, their religion was Meager.
- They had there own form of the sun dance
- They would smoke pipes for the great spirit