One to One Technology Initiative
New Hope-Solebury Middle School
With one to one access to Chromebooks, New Hope-Solebury Middle School aims to provide a relevant and engaging education for the 21st century learner with our new technology initiative.
District's Mission Statement
As a district we believe:
- All people should be valued and respected for their opinions and their diversity.
- All people should be personally, academically, socially responsible and accountable.
- Educational leadership should be distributed and collaborative
- Technology should be a learning tool, which should change the manner in which we access and share information, as well as how we teach and learn.
- Schools should be a safe haven for all.
- An effective education should be enriched by the arts, service, athletics and extra-curricular activities and should empower students to shape their futures.
- All people’s unique abilities and needs should be respected, recognized and supported.
- The community should be the foundation for growth focused on life-long learning.
- The family should provide the primary foundation for character development and ethical behavior of its children. Schools provide opportunities for student growth in these areas.
- We should strive to make learning integrative, inquiry based and problem centered.
- All people should be empowered to be flexible learners, problem solvers and shape their futures in an ever-changing, global society
What is the 1:1 Tech Initiative?
Beginning with the fall of the 2015-2016 school year, ALL middle school students will be provided with a district issued Chromebook. Students will be able to utilize the device during all classes and also bring the device home in the evening.
All courses will have a Google Classroom platform for students to access.
What is a Chromebook?
How can I support my child?
1. Foster routines and organization strategies at home
2. Be involved with school work
3. Discuss character and digital citizenship
4. Educate yourself about emerging technology