Best of Crestline News
Top 5 Things You Need to Know ASAP - October 9, 2020
#1 - Crestline Reopening Changes Phase 2
- Specials classes have moved to teaching in their classrooms.
- Dismissal time will start at 2:45pm on Monday, October 12.
- We will still stagger dismissal by bike riders, carpool, and walkers.
- Please make sure your child knows your dismissal plan.
- Third-Sixth grade students will start changing classes by Monday, October 19.
- Students will move by homerooms and not by individual student schedules.
- We are working hard to make sure seating charts are in place in all classes.
- Students who chose the virtual option, can choose to come back to traditional school on Monday, October 19.
- If your family is interested in this option, please email Ms. Christian at email@example.com by Sunday, October 11.
We will continue to follow all PPE guidelines concerning masking, physical distancing, and cleaning protocols. All other reopening guidelines concerning visitors in the building, virtual meetings between adults, classrooms not mixing, etc. are still in place. If you have a questions and/or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.
#2 - Fall Conferences
#3 - eDay on October 16
An eDay is when students receive their classroom instruction electronically while teachers engage in district-wide professional learning. eDay lessons are valuable instruction linked to grade level standards and in-class learning. This year all eDay lessons will be accessed through Schoology.
How do we ensure a successful eDay?
- All students go through Classlink to access Schoology.
- Each teacher creates his/her own class eDay work in Schoology located in Materials, in the current Week (date) folder.
- Students have prior in-class & at-home practice with all tools & skills used in eDay lessons.
- No printing is required for eDay assignments.
What if your student has trouble accessing an eDay?
- Ask your student because each teacher has given students detailed instruction and practice accessing and using all tools & skills needed for the eDay.
- Check out the Student/Parent Helps here for accessing Classlink on a home, shared device.
- Contact your child's classroom teacher.
When will the eDay assignment be due?
- All assignments will be due on Monday, October 19.
#4 - Chromebook Checkout for eDay
Chromebooks and chargers will only be sent home with students whose parents have completed a form. Devices will go home with students the afternoon of Thursday, October 15 and should return to school with students Monday, October 19. Please be sure your student has a backpack or protective bag to transport the Chromebook.
#5 Fall Festival and Dress Up!
Due to COVID, Fall Festival has been rescheduled to the spring. In this challenging year, we want to make a special effort to ensure that students do not miss experiences. So, we will still have a school wide dress up day on October 30. (Has there ever been a better year for masks?) Just to be clear, we are not celebrating Halloween as a school, rather this is a dress up day for students to make memories with their friend!
All costumes should be elementary appropriate. Please keep in mind the following costume restrictions:
- No blood
- No guts
- No gore
- No scary characters
- No weapons
Thank you so much for partnering with us to allow students to have as many “normal Crestline” experiences as possible!