Thursday, March 26th
Walk & Talk
For Each Index:
1. Main Idea
2. Implications for my District based on current status/projected changes.
3. Reflection Index specific
4. Next steps for this index
He who dies with the biggest data notebook does not win...He who has a staff that can use the data wins!
- Senate Bill 6 - A-F
- TTESS & TPESS
Final Review Quicktips
- Recommended to pick 6 K & S in the 40th-60th percentiles for final review! DO NOT pick the lowest ones! Pick ones closer/closest to passing then work your way down as kids show mastery.
- 2nd-HS released test (MATH is ALIGNED TO THE NEW STANDARDS) - GREAT free resource!
- Know the standard forwards and backwards. Need clarification, use the TEKS Resource System Clarification Document. Multiple Examples provided by content/grade.
- A dropbox link to multiple instructional strategies you could implement. Remember, there is no perfect activity, our goal is kids interacting with content and the link provides a few activity ideas you may be able to incorporate!
Mark Your Calendars:
Accountability 2015 and Beyond! – June 19th – update on the final accountability release by the Commissioner.
Index Accountability 101 – June 5th
This training is designed for leaders to gain a fundamental understanding of the Index Accountability System. We will take a comprehensive look at the system as well as instructional implications.
We have posted a book study for June 2nd on the Leverage Leadership book that we used at Instructional Leaders. Bring your books and come learn with us.
Data Day: Tools For Your School – June 15th
Come as ESC staff show leaders how to lead a Data Day for their staff before school starts in August!
Skillful Leadership: Confronting Mediocrity in the Classroom – June 29th AM
Linking Accountability and Instruction: Practical Strategies – June 29th PM