Rockin' Rams Family Newsletter
We are missing our students, families and teachers!
Thank you for your support during this unique time! We have missed our special days of spring and the anticipation of our special end-of-year events! We are looking forward to beginning a new school year with everyone back together. Hang in there and we will see you soon!
Announcing RHES Kindergarten Packet Pick-Up and Roundup Dates and Times
- Due to COVID-19, Kindergarten Roundup will look different this year.
- Kindergarten registration packets will be available on our school website at https://www.knoxschools.org/rockyhilles beginning Thursday, April 23rd for printing at home.
- Scroll down on our school website and click on the link, "Kindergarten Roundup" for more information.
- Beginning Monday, May 4th, printed Kindergarten registration packets will be available at the front door from 9:00-12:00 each day.
- Packets will be in a box labeled, "Kindergarten Registration Packets."
- Kindergarten Roundup will be on two days. Tuesday, May 12 from 8:00-11:00 a.m. and Tuesday, May 19 from 12:00-3:00 p.m.
- These dates and times are reserved ONLY for Kindergarten registration.
- The school building will not be open for viewing or tours during these times.
3rd Nine Week Report Card Access on Parent Portal
- For our students in grades 1-5, you will be able to access your child’s third-quarter grades in Aspen Family Portal beginning April 24, 2020.
- Resources to assist you with accessing Family Portal are listed below for your convenience.
- While third-quarter grades will not be viewable online in a traditional report card, you can click on each subject/class in Family Portal and view the grade posted for the third quarter.
- Please note that a report card will be provided to families at the end of the school year.
- The grades on the final report card will be an average of the school year’s three quarters (first semester’s Q1 and Q2 and second semester’s Q3).
Resources to assist with accessing Aspen Family Portal https://www.knoxschools.org/aspeninfo
"Student Stuff" Pick-Up Dates and Times for Parents - Student Car Tags Needed
- We are making a plan for a drive-through pick up of student belongings, yearbook, artwork, etc. on Thursday, May 21st.
- Final student report cards will be included.
- In the same way arrival is implemented, families will be able to drive up and wait in their car, while teachers and staff bring their "Student Stuff" to them.
- Please have car tags visible.
- Parents will sign that they have received their child's yearbook and that class picture money has been returned.
- There will a staggered schedule for grade levels to come by when teachers for each grade level will be working at school to close out the school year.
- Your child's teacher will bring your child's items to your car and say goodbye.
- See below for specific pick-up times.
Teacher Non-Request Form for Parents 20-21 Due Monday, May 4th
- Due to COVID-19, we will not be sending home a paper copy of the Teacher Non-Request Form to parents.
- Please email Principal Holt directly at email@example.com to obtain the link to the Teacher Non-Request Form.
- The link to the Teacher Non-Request Form is also available on our school website at https://www.knoxschools.org/rockyhilles.
- All non-requests are due by Monday, May 4th - No exceptions.
- All information collected is confidential.
Drop Off Library Books and Check Lost and Found
Beginning May 4th each day from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., families are invited to come by our school and drop off RHES library books and check our Lost and Found clothing rack at our front entrance.
- Look for the book tub in which to place all library books.
- The Lost and Found rack will be available for parents to look for items that belong to your child(ren).
- Printed Kindergarten registration packets will also be available and in a box for pick-up.
- All leftover clothing in the Lost and Found will be donated to KARM.
- We will continue this through Tuesday, May 19th.
Student Medicine Pick-Up Schedule for Parents
- Thursday, May 21st will be a time for parents to pick up their child's medicine for the summer.
- Only an adult can pick up the medicine and it must be signed out from the school nurse.
- Parents will be asked to pick up medicine at the same time they are coming by to pick up their child's Student Stuff bag(s).
- Parents must park in the front visitor's spots and walk to the front door of the school.
- Nurse Lacey will bring the medicine to you for parent signature.