Apr 11 - Apr 16
Focus 1: We believe all children can learn at high levels
Focus 2: We believe educators matter
Focus 3: We believe all students will be prepared for post-high school success.
Focus 4: We believe in developing community partnerships.
5 Years: CCSD is committed to establishing a guaranteed and viable curriculum for all students with a comprehensive, multi-tiered system of supports.
10 Years: CCSD is committed to providing all students with a competency-based education.
Building Improvement Goals for 2015-2016:
Through implementing research-based instructional strategies, we will…
Goal 1: By the end of the year, 89% of all students’ final grades will be C or higher.
Goal 2: By the end of the year, our graduation rate will be at least 94%.
Goal 3: By the end of the year, 100% of Prairie High School students will present their understandings of 3 Universal Constructs to an audience.
To Mary McWilliams and Mary Gudenkauf for their time, energy, and support for Our Kids!! The hiring fair Thursday night was an excellent opportunity for not only Our Kids but also some parents. Great work and thank you for taking care of Prairie!
Learner's Sittin in the Corner
The pic above is a great visual reminder of gradual release of responsibility. Model, collaborate, support.
- COMMIT To Excellence!!
- PLC's meet each Monday every other Tuesday from 7:50 - 8:35
- Grade Level Teams meet at 8 am every other Tuesday
- Here is a link to the Inst Coaches schedule for the week.
- Monday Apr 11 is our next PL day. It is a full PL day. LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED!! A local business is bringing in Subway for everyone. Morning will be district led time. You should already know where you are meeting and the agenda. If not, let me know. The afternoon will begin at 12:30 in the library. We will entirely focus the afternoon on time for PLCs to select/refine power standards, write/refine common assessments for those power standards, select supporting standards, how those supporting standards will be assessed, and a timeline for the unit.
- Apr 11 - Justin Sands (is 35!!)
- Apr 11 - Collette Young
- Apr 11 - Nichole Sieck
- Apr 13 - Allison Sylvester
- Apr 14 - Cliff Dalton
Bus Duty this week!
- Kim Hynek
- Jolynn Swartzendruber
- Nichole Sieck
ACTIVITIES THIS WEEK!!
Monday, Apr 11
- 7:45 am - PL Day for teachers!
- 4:15 pm - Girls JV2 Soccer @HOME
- 4:30 pm - Girls Soph/JV Tennis @HOME
- 4:30 pm - Boys Soph/JV Tennis @LinnMar
- 4:30 pm - Boys Varsity Track Meet @Kingston
- 5:15 pm - Girls JV1 Soccer @HOME
- 5:45 pm - Boys JV Soccer @HOME
- 6:30 pm - Future 10th Grade Parent Night @SH Rooms
- 6:30 pm - CCSD Board Meeting
- 7 pm - Girls Varsity Soccer @HOME
Tuesday, Apr 12
- 3:15 pm - Girls Varsity Golf @St Andrews
- 4 pm - Girls Varsity Tennis @CRJeff
- 4 pm - Boys Varsity Tennis @HOME
- 4 pm - Boys Var/JV Track Meet @N Scott
- 4:15 pm - Boys Varsity Soccer @Sloane Wallace Stadium
- 6 pm - Boys Sophomore Soccer @Sloane Wallace Stadium
- 4:30 pm - Boys Var/JV Track Hawkins Relays! @HOME
Wednesday, Apr 13
- 3:15 pm - Girls JV Golf @Ellis
Thursday, Apr 14
- 4 pm - Girls Varsity Tennis @HOME
- 4 pm - Boys Varsity Tennis @WatWest
- 4:15 pm - Girls Varsity Soccer @Lower Kingston
- 4:30 pm - Boys Var/JV Track Meet @Ames
- 5:15 pm - Boys Soph Soccer @HOME
- 7 pm - Boys Varsity Soccer @HOME
Friday, Apr 15
- 4:15 pm - Girls JV2 Soccer @LinnMar
- 5:45 pm - Boys JV Soccer @LinnMar
Saturday, Apr 16
- 8 am - IHSMA Solo/Ensemble Festival @Greater CR Area
- 8:30 am - Girls Varsity Golf Invitational @Tara Hills Golf Course
- 10:30 am - Girls Var/JV Track Meet @Kirkwood