Meat Cooking Methods
Meat is placed on a rack of a special pan to allow fat to drain. The meat is then placed so that it is 2-5 inches from the heat coming from the top of the oven.
Meats best for broiling are:
-Tender pork chops
Steak Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- 2 medium limes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb beef flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 cup chopped plum (Roma) tomatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 white corn tortillas (6 inch)
- Squeeze limes into measuring cup; reserve 1 tablespoon juice for the salsa. In heavy-duty resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix remaining lime juice (about 1/4 cup), the cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, the pepper and garlic. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat beef. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix tomatoes, onion, avocado, reserved 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt; toss to coat.
- Set oven control to broil. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Place beef on rack in broiler pan. Broil with top 4 to 6 inches from heat 10 to 15 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut diagonally across grain into very thin slices.
- Warm tortillas as directed on package. Divide steak strips among tortillas; top each with about 1/4 cup avocado salsa; fold in half.
Grilled Jerk Flank Steak
Broiled Salmon with Orange-Mustard Glaze