A Long Way Gone
The story of Ishmael Beah
- Chapters 5-8 took place in many locations since Ishmael and his friends were constantly on the run
- They spent most of their time in different villages.
- They stayed for a few months in the village of Kamator, constantly working on the fields
- After the rebels attacked Kamator, Ishmael spent many days alone in a thick forest full of wild animals, with the only food source being a strange fruit.
Abandoned Sierra Leone Village
- Ishmael was extremely desperate for food at many times, causing him to steal.
- Terror was constantly in his head. Either it was rebels, a herd of wild pigs, or hunger and Ishmael always had to fear for his life.
- Tears for his family were also shed. He had lost his old way of life and he wanted it back.
man vs nature: The wild pigs in the forest don't care if Ishmael has lost everything. They attack him and try to tear him apart.
Fierce Man Slaughtering Pig
Rebel Army that fought a civil war in Seirra Leone from 1991 to 2000.
They used Guerrilla, criminal, and terror tactics such as murder and torture
They're the reason Ishmael has lost his family, his home, and his old way of life.