Every Student, Every Day
Friday, February 6
Author Michael Northrop On Campus
On Feb 2, we hosted our 1st ever author visit! Michael Northrop said he had a great time leading a very informative discussion with 3rd - 5th grade about the writing process and his new book, Tombquest: Book of the Dead.
In addition to understanding what it takes to write a book, students learned about the importance of editing. Mr. Northrop then answered great questions from our students, including:
- why he chose to become an author,
- where he got his ideas from,
- how long it took him to finish writing his book, and
- what are his plans for his future books?
It was a fun, educational morning and many thanks to our wonderful Librarian, Gaya Kumar, who worked so hard to make it all happen!
Cheers to Donna Hickman!
In case you don't know, some of Donna's responsibilities include classroom guidance, individual and small group counseling, campus testing coordinator and parent education facilitator. In her free time, Donna loves movies, reading and listening to music.
Thank you, Donna, for all you do for us every day!
Other Events Coming Up This Month:
- Feb 10 - 5th Grade Field Trip to Pioneer Middle School
- Feb 11 - Walk to School Day
- Feb 13 - Valentine's Day Parties at 2pm (all grades)
- Feb 19 - Coffee with the Counselor: All the Brain Needs is Support (see flyer below)
- Feb 20 - Hosp Parent Workshop: Learn about STAAR testing, Accountability and Texas Performance Ratings. Takes place in the Library after Good Morning Hosp.
Also, please note the following:
- We still have several dates open for WatchDOGS so even if you've already volunteered, you're welcome to join us again if you like!
- Be on the lookout for the Valentines Party RSVP email so you can avoid the long lines and have your badge waiting for you in the lobby.