Great things are happening at Crestwood Secondary Campus!
#BetterThanYesterday assemblies coming to Crestwood Secondary Campus
Crestwood is proud to host the Lou Ruspi Jr. Foundation, LRJ, a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to improve mental wellness and suicide prevention through interactive educational programming to school districts and the community.
April 17, 2019 we will host 3 separate assemblies for our student body with a focus on:
- What is mental health and how does it affect us?
- Coping skills, Resiliency, Positive Psychology and Mindfulness
- Bipolar disorder
For more information check out this website: https://www.lrjfoundation.com/our-programs/
Spring is here! April 2019
- 1-4 April - 3rd quarter Exams- the final day for makeup exams is April 4th
- 1 April -
YES Field trip to Hazleton Wellness Center (make up from 3/22)
Secondary Campus Academic Committee meeting
- 2 April - Creating a Vision for a Better Life presentation
- 3-6 April - All-State Chorus Festival in Pittsburgh
- 3 April - PTA Meeting 6:30 PM
- 4 April -
End of 3rd Quarter
CSD Advisory Committee Meeting
- 5 April - Business Law Field Trip to Wilkes
Concerned about kids's access to drugs? Here's some info that parents should know!
Art Youth Expo winners!
Please join us in congratulating the following students whose artworks have received awards at this year’s Art Youth Expo featured at the Hazleton Art League:
1st Prize ($150)
Ryan Kostiuk – Kayak
2nd Prize ($50)
Bethany Newell - Spiderweb
Dina Clark - Home Sweet Home
Honorable Mentions ($25 prize)
Natalie Klimek - Eye of the Tiger
Leah Karassik - Willy Wonka
Jessy Bruzgulis - Sam Winchester
Dina Clark - Lonely
Their artwork along with many other of our art students (we have 45 pieces in the exhibit!) will be on display at the Art Youth Expo, tonight and tomorrow, April 5, from 6-8 p.m. and April 6 from 1-8 p.m.at the Hazleton Art League, 225 East Broad Street, Hazleton.
#CaseyCares - PJ Party Program
A student in our Middle School is asking you to consider supporting “Casey Cares”. This organization assists medically fragile children in many ways. One way in which they support children is through their Pajama Party program. This program provides PJ and Movie Night buckets to homebound families to treat them to a family movie night- complete with pizza, pajamas, and popcorn.
Ways to support this initiative include donating two-piece pajamas (in adult or infant sizes) or providing monetary support through movie or pizza gift cards.
Please drop off your donations in the box in the Campus lobby by April 18 and we thank you for supporting this cause.
April 2019 events on the horizon
- 9 April - Secondary Campus PLC meetings 2:40 PM - 4:10 PM
- 10 April
8th grade Field Trip to CTC
YES Field trip to Pottsville
Life Skills Field Trip
- 11-16 April - Band Trip to Florida
- 11 April - Shakespeare/20th Century America Writes Field Trip to King’s College
- 12 April - Earth and Enviro to Wilkes
- 13 April - Community Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by Crestwood Football/Cheerleaders
- 18 April
Make up snow Day - Activity Day
New Teacher Induction Program
CSD Board of Directors Meeting
- 19 -22 April - SPRING BREAK
- 23 April - Spanish National Honor Society induction program
- 27 April – Prom @ Genetti’s in Hazleton
- 23 – 25 April - PSSA ELA grades 7 & 8
- 25 April - Spring Chorus Concert 7:00 PM
- 29 – 30 April - PSSA Math grades 7 & 8
- 30 April - Junior Jump Start PHEAA presentations during English III class periods
- 1 – 2 May - PSSA Science grade 8
7th grade ELA showing off a wall’s worth of reading and book study work!
Business Law student tour Wilkes University and explore a criminology class.
Find additional info at https://crestwoodprom.weebly.com or scan the QR code on any poster in the halls!
UPDATED SCHOOL CALENDAR!
Save the date for these important spring 2019 events
· May 9 – FBLA Day @ Railriders game PNC Field
· May 10 - 7th & 8th grade dance
· May 14 - French National Honor Society induction program
· May 20 - National Business Honor Society induction program
· May 23 – 7th & 8th grade @ Railriders game PNC Field
· May 28 - National Junior Honor Society induction program (grs. 7 & 8)
· May 29 - National Honor Society induction program
· TBD – 7th & 8th grade trip to Knoebels ParkSunday June 9 - Graduation - @ Mohegan Sun Arena ** snow days may force this date to June 12**stay tuned for updates!!!
Click the banner and log in to join the Facebook group for up to the minute information about activities, fundraisers, and ways you can support the 2019 Senior Lock In.
Upcoming sporting events ...
Spring sports have begun!