Save the Date!
Note that October 11th is also our "late night" at the Book Fair. Knock it all out in one stop ... renovation news, book fair shopping, and dinner (food truck & Kona Ice).
This month, we'll share a few of the basics:
- The grand scope of the project involves demolishing the building that currently houses the cafeteria and two small classroom spaces. A replacement building will connect with the current main building and the K/5th grade building.
- The new construction will house the main office suite, the media center, the kitchen/dining area, an art classroom, and several other classroom spaces.
- Updates will take place in the remaining two buildings.
- Construction is set to begin June 2018, and Wiley will move to a "swing location" in Garner.
- The swing space is currently serving as the Garner HS Ninth Grade Center, and updates/renovations of this space will occur during the summer of 2018 to accommodate Wiley's move-in scheduled for August 2018.
Wiley South (in its current state as Garner HS Ninth Grade Center)
Like the renovation plans of the Wiley site, renovations to this site are also in the design phase.
The space definitely needs some elementary flair, but that's nothing we can't handle! And, in keeping with the 'movie theater' influence (sorry, there aren't any stadium seats, or big screens, or concessions in that building!) we're planning a grand red carpet premiere party to kick-off the 2018 school year!