September 4, Ranch News Round-Up and Important Information
We honor all who labor so we may live a great life. As we enjoy time with our families during this holiday, let us also remember all those who work hard to make our community and our nation a great and prosperous one.
On The GREAT NEWS Front:
- TWENTY-EIGHT Otay Ranch High students have earned academic honors from the College Board National Recognition Programs. These National Recognition Programs grant underrepresented students with academic honors that can be included on college and scholarship applications and connect students with universities across the country, helping them meaningfully connect to colleges and stand out during the admissions process. Colleges and scholarship programs identify students awarded National African American, Hispanic, Indigenous and/or Rural/Small Town Recognition through College Board’s Student Search Service. Students who may be eligible have a GPA of 3.5 or higher and have excelled on the PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10, or earned a score of 3 or higher on two or more AP Exams; and are African American or Black, Hispanic American or Latinx, Indigenous, and/or attend school in a rural area or small town. Our students will be celebrated by the school and ASB in the near future.
- More than 1200 students qualified for Principal's Honor Roll for the Spring Semester of 2021-2022 (June 2022 report card). Assistant Principal Jessica Lloyd will coordinate the distribution of certificates to those students who still attend ORH. Those who have already graduated will have their certificates mailed home.
- Homecoming Week will be October 4-7 (Tuesday-Friday)--right after we come back from Intersession Break. Homecoming Football game will be on Friday, October 7 at our stadium against Sweetwater High School. The Homecoming Dance will be on Saturday, October 8. All details will be on the ORH ASB Instagram.
- First Progress Report cards were distributed to students Friday, September 2. Grades are also accessible to parents and students through Infinite Campus. I have sent an email summarizing the School Board Policy on grades and grading. I have also included the Tutoring schedule for those who need support.
- Our first Drama Production will be on Friday and Saturday, September 9 and 10. Information to follow.
- Please support our athletic programs and fine arts performances. Thank you for attending our games and events!
Mary Rose Peralta
No School Monday--This Week's Schedule
Grades Were Distributed Friday...Need Tutoring?
Otay Ranch High School to Host Magkaisa 2022!!!
Counseling Department Announcements
Save the Date: FREE District College Fair & Career Expo
Visit https://ccr.sweetwaterschools.org/college-fair-and-career-expo-2022/ or scan QR Code for participating colleges.
Senior Credit Checks
College and Construction Trades Fair
Calling All Parents of AP Students!
Get Your ORHS Gear!!!
Mustang Students, Parents, Guardians and Staff
Attached is a price list for items and events now on sale at the ASB. Remember that we only accept cash or check. Also, after 9/16/2022 price for Homecoming and Prom will increase.
If you have any questions please let us know!
Otay Ranch ASB
Why We Do What We Do
VISIONAll students will graduate with the skills, knowledge and commitment to be college and career ready.
Our mission is to prepare students for post-secondary education and career options by fostering a culture of achievement, developing critical thinking skills across all subject areas, instilling a sense of commitment, and creating a community where everyone belongs.
SCHOOLWIDE LEARNER OUTCOMES
- Students will be able to apply math skills to real-world phenomena and problems.
- Students will be able to use academic language in all subjects to support analysis for specific purposes and audiences.