November 13, 2023
Nathan Hale Community:
We had another busy week here at Hale! Tuesday we hosted several town halls where we celebrated our students for all their achievements! We gave awards for student of the month for September and October, celebrated academic performance, recognized students for improved performance academically and behaviorally, we celebrated individual students with perfect attendance and classes for perfect attendance. Shout out to Ms. Lubanda's 2nd graders who received a special class award from Ms. Rizzo for the best attendance rate in our school! She had 98% average daily attendance.
Thank you to all our families who joined us for report card conferences. If you missed your conference or need to schedule a meeting, please reach out to your child's homeroom teacher to do so. Report Cards will be sent home next week for those that were unable to attend.
Next week is a short week. There will be an early release day on Wednesday. Students will be dismissed and there will be no school on Thursday or Friday for Thanksgiving recess.
Please save the date for our Family Pancake Breakfast hosted by our PTO December 9th at McDonald's in East Haven between 9 AM and 12PM.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Nathan Hale School
Attendance Matters At Nathan Hale
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- School doors open at 7:30 AM. Please do not leave children unattended prior this time, as there is no supervision available out front to monitor children dropped off early.
- If your child arrives after 7:45, they will be marked tardy. They must receive a late pass before going to their homeroom.
- Middle School students dismiss out the front of the building. Kindergarten dismisses from the auditorium. Grades 1 through 4 dismiss out the cafeteria doors. Please have ID available when picking up children in grades K-4. Siblings in grades 5-8 can sign out their younger sibling in the cafe and dismiss through the front doors.
- We understand that parking is limited, however, parents should not be parking or turning their vehicle around in the back bus loop. It is a safety issue, as students are boarding their buses at dismissal time.
- If you are making a last minute change to your child's regular dismissal routine, changes must by e-mailed to your child's teacher AND Michele Cappiello by 12:00 PM.
11/22- 12:00 Early Dismissal
11/23- No School/Thanksgiving Recess
11/24- No School/Thanksgiving Recess
12/13- 12:00 Early Dismissal/Staff In Service Day
Save The Date!
Nathan Hale Choir and Band Concert
Thursday, Dec. 14
More information will be sent out as we get closer to the date.
Thank you to all who attended our fundraiser at Adrenaline Rush in East Haven. We raised over $1,000 in profit for Nathan Hale School. It was a great night out for all!