ZHS Weekly Update
September 12, 2021
Zephyrhills High School is the home of the Bulldogs!
Our vision is that all of our students achieve success in college, career, and life.
Our theme for the 2021-2022 school year is Building Excellence!
September 12, 2021
Student Behavior update:
Some students are choosing to participate in various TikTok "challenges" that involve stealing, vandalism, and harassment. Please talk with your student about proper behavior choices, as the ZHS administrative team will pursue school and/or legal consequences for these behaviors, as well as financial restitution for any damaged school property.
We are following the Pasco County Schools Student Code of Conduct and Dress Code guidelines for all students. Additionally, hats, hoods, and beanies are not to be worn when inside a building or classroom. The dress code is posted below. If your student is out of dress code, we will work with them to resolve the concern. We encourage all students and parents to review the Pasco County School Student Code of Conduct and Dress Code.
**Our bathrooms on campus were recently vandalized with messages about Dress Code. Please know that we will value student and family input and will connect students with the opportunities to be on district committees. However, we will not tolerate vandalism and campus destruction. Please talk with your student about the proper ways to get involved so their voices can be heard, rather than vandalizing school property.**
The District's COVID response plan has adjusted and now parents can check the district dashboard for updates on positive COVID cases at ZHS.
- The COVID-19 Daily Report will be updated on the district website each school day. It will report the number of daily confirmed COVID-19 cases among students and staff. Parents are encouraged to review the Daily Report to stay up to date regarding COVID-19 cases at their student’s school.
- Direct notification will be limited to students or staff who are required to quarantine.
Students will NOT need to quarantine until/unless they develop symptoms or become unable to pass the self-screener found on the the ZHS and Pasco County Schools websites.
Please monitor your student for symptoms and use the self-screener. If your student is not feeling well, please do not send them to school.
We continue to take many precautions for student and staff safety that include cleaning supplies in every classroom/work area, social distancing, optional wearing of masks/face barriers, Public Service Announcements (in this newsletter, on the daily School Announcements, and more), hand sanitizer all over campus, and more.
The 300 hallway and Media Center are on track to be open when students return from Winter Break.
ZHS is a closed campus for lunch. Students are expected to remain on campus for the entire school day and do not have permission to leave campus for lunch. Additionally, outside food delivery is not allowed, as it jeopardizes our Free and Reduced Meal status. These deliveries will be refused.
We will navigate these challenges and we will have a GREAT year!
We are resilient. We are committed. We are determined. We are Bulldog STRONG!
--Dr. Christina Stanley
This Week at ZHS
ZHS Cheer Practice (M/gym stage T/Commons, W/gym stage, 3:15 to 5:30 p.m.)
Boys Basketball Open Gym (M and W 4:30 to 6 p.m.)
Girls Basketball Open Gym (T, Th, F 4:30 to 6 p.m.)
•FSA ELA Writing retakes (AM and PM sessions)
•Boys Golf away @ WRHS, V Volleyball home vs AHS
•ZHS 9th grade parent meeting (6 p.m., ZHS Dining Room)
•FSA Reading Retakes Day 1 & 2 (AM and PM sessions)
•FFA Skillathon Practice (Room 800, 2 p.m., Swine, Goat)
•Girls Soccer Conditioning after school
•Girls Golf away @ CCHS, JV/V Volleyball home vs CCHS
•Centennial Middle School home football game vs Rushe Middle
•Wear College/Career/AVID/Academy/Bulldog gear
•ZHS SAC meeting (7:45 a.m., via Zoom)
•FSA Reading Retakes Day 1 & 2 (AM and PM sessions)
•Boys Golf away @ CCHS, Swim home vs. PHS & WCHS
•PLC meetings during Teacher Planning Periods
•FSA retakes (AM and PM sessions)
•Girls Golf home vs WCHS, JV Football away @ PHS
•Wear Bulldog spirit gear or Black/Orange
•FSA retakes (AM and PM sessions)
•V Football away @ WCHS
•Cross Country away @ Villages Invitational
•JROTC Drill Team Boot Drive, JROTC Coastal Cleanup
•Wrestling Open Gym ((9 to 10:30 a.m.), Band USF ‘’HOT” Day (11 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
ZHS Important Dates
Monday, September 20: Biology retakes AM, ELA retakes AM, PM
Tuesday, September 21: Alg 1 EOC retakes Day 1 & 2, Faculty meeting after school
Wednesday, September 22: JROTC signing day, Alg 1 EOC retakes Day 1, 2
Thursday, September 23: Alg 1 EOC retakes Day 1, 2
Friday, September 24: Alg 1 EOC retakes Day 1, 2, Senior Photo Retakes (Last Chance to be in Yearbook!)
Saturday, September 25: JROTC Rifle Match, Wrestling Open Gym
Transportation Questions or Concerns?
Outside Food/Food Deliveries
Bell Schedule for 21-22
1st Period 7:20 – 8:15
2nd Period 8:20 – 9:10
Academic Period 9:15 – 9:35
3rd Period 9:40 – 10:30
Lunch A 10:30 – 11:00
Period 4A 11:05 – 11:55
Period 4B 10:35 – 11:25
Lunch B 11:25 – 11:55
5th Period 12:00 – 12:50
6th Period 12:55 – 1:46
Senior Pictures with Leonard's
LAST CHANCE TO BE IN THE YEARBOOK: SEPTEMBER 24
You will be able to get your Senior Photos taken by appointment only with Leonard's!
*The sitting fee is $15.
*You MUST have an appointment, as walk-ups will not be allowed.
*Seniors may be accompanied by ONE parent to the photo shoot.
*Masks are optional but encouraged. Social distancing guidelines will be followed.
Make your appointment here: https://new.leonards.com/login.aspx?LF=SchedulingSenior&ReturnUrl=%2fscheduling%2fstartpage.aspx%3fs%3d1&s=1
Student Fees and Lockers
Fees and Lockers
*You will also be able to pay all fees online through Rycor. All fees including parking, lockers, class fees, Grade Fees, and PE lockers can be paid online.
*Students will be assigned school lockers & parking spots during the first two weeks of school via lunches. Students will be assigned PE lockers through their PE classes. Need a locker? Reserve one here: https://zhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=36069
You will need an active MyStudent parent portal account to be able to participate.
1. Navigate to Pasco County Schools website at www.pasco.k12.fl.us
2. Click on the Parents tab.
3. Under Parent Links/Academic, click on CheckGrades/Attendance.
4. Click the yellow link to create a new Parent Portal.
ZHS Sports Tryout Information
**All student-athletes MUST have a fully completed physical packet turned in and cleared BEFORE you may tryout or practice. This packet is found on the ZHS website under the athletics tab. No completed, cleared packet? No tryout. No exceptions.**
Contact: Coach Cimorelli for more information at email@example.com.
Student Parking Passes 21-22
2. All parking passes will be processed and distributed during student lunches in the commons by Ms. Ashley during the first two weeks of school. Please do not go to Student Services.
3. You must have copies of your driver's license, current registration, and current proof of insurance to receive your parking pass during lunches.
4. All students, including students who drove last year, must purchase a new parking pass each year and provide updated vehicle information. Parking passes are only good for the school year.
**Students who drive will be permitted to drive and park without a pass for the first week of school.**
Dress for Success and Show your School Spirit!
On Fridays at ZHS, all students and staff are encouraged to wear Bulldog gear or Bulldog colors (Orange and Black). Show your school spirit!
Arrival to School in the Morning
- Buses will drop off in the front bus loop off of 12th Street. This loop is CLOSED to all car traffic from 6:45 to 7:25 a.m. DO NOT PASS THE BUSES.
- Student drop off is in the Gym parking lot off of Henry Street. Please pull all the way forward to drop off your student in front of the doors leading to the gym lobby.
- Upon arrival from a car or bus, students can get their breakfast from the nearest mobile cart or cafeteria line and then head to the cafeteria or their 1st period class to eat.
- Students who do not eat breakfast at school will be expected to go directly to their 1st period class as soon as they arrive on campus.
Student and Staff Hallway Guidelines
Social distancing will be expected at all times.
Students and staff are expected to follow the signage on all doors and in all hallways.
Seating Charts and Sign in Sheets
When in another classroom not on their schedule, students will need to sign in and take a seat as directed by the teacher.
If you have any questions about this, please reach out to your grade level administrator.
- Each student and staff member will help keep ZHS as clean as possible. Inside the classrooms, teachers will have a procedure for the beginning and end of class.
- Students will have assigned seats in each classroom and are expected to sit in their assigned seat every day.
- Students and teachers will utilize a sign in/sign out sheet when leaving or entering a classroom or area that is not covered by a seating chart.
- Multiple carts and lines will be available for student use.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed.
- Students will be permitted to eat inside the cafeteria and in the commons. Some teachers will allow students to eat in their classrooms (utilizing the sign in sheet) and will assign seating.
- Social distancing will be encouraged while in the cafeteria, commons, and dining room areas.
School Lunch Questions?
The Free and Reduced Meal Application for the 2021-2022 school year is now available online at https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application.
If you are unsure if you qualify, you can also review the income eligibility guidelines on the Pasco County Schools website https://connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/do/fns/.
Pasco County Schools Covid-19 Protocols
Click here for more information on the 21-22 Pasco County Schools Covid-19 Protocols:
ZHS School Advisory Council (SAC)
What is a School Advisory Council?
- The school Advisory Council is the means for community and parent involvement in and support of the schools.
- The School Advisory Council is composed of the principal, teachers, school staff, parents, business and community representatives, and secondary students.
How can I become a SAC member?
- Elected members of the School Advisory Council include teachers, educational support personnel, parents, and secondary students.
- Members are also appointed to the council by the principal to represent business and the community.
- Students serve as SAC members for a one year term.
- A chairperson is elected annually by the SAC membership.
Any parent, community business member, teacher, or student interested in serving on our SAC committee for the 2021-2022 school year--please email Mrs. McCafferty at firstname.lastname@example.org for a nomination form. This is a great way to get involved and stay connected to your Bulldog family.
To complete a yearly volunteer application, please visit: http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/comm/volunteer/
SAC Meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:45 a.m.
Scheduled dates for the 2021-2022 SAC meetings.
- September 15
- October 20
- November 17
- December 15
- January 19
- February 16
- March 23
- April 20
- May 18
Thank you to Lee Reed Insurance, Martin Electric, Ben Hudgins Law Firm for your donations to the ZHS ABC (Assist, Believe, Care) program that directly supports ZHS students and families!
The Bulldog Community is unlike any other! Your kindness and generosity is a blessing! #BulldogPRIDE