I have also received many questions about the BJ's Fundraiser and trip cost. The plan was to lower the cost of everyone's trip with this fundraiser, however, we have had many students who paid a deposit back out of the trip in the last week. This significantly impacts the cost of the trip as we had spread the cost of the bus and hotel over the number of permission slips and deposits received. Rather than raise the cost of the trip for everyone (which is not fair), we have decided to use the fundraising money from BJ's to help keep the cost of the trip ($960) unchanged.
We hope everyone understands this. If anyone needs more time to make payments, we can certainly work with you. We are very much looking forward to this trip and opportunity!
Use this link to see the most current version of the Chicago Schedule.
If anyone is interested in one of our open spots, I need to know by Monday at the end of the school day before I finalize all reservations.
Flex Passes On Sale Now!
Flex Passes will only be sold through Sept 30th. To get your, visit this link and then click on 2019-2020 AFA Flex Pass.
Bring a Friend to the AFA Day
Interested in Volunteering for the AFA?
- Concession stand donations
- Packing care packages for our AFA alumni
- Taking tickets at events
- Planning and organizing fundraisers
- Planning and organizing our end of year banquet
- Soliciting local sponsors
To sign up, please use this link:
Towson University Field Trip
On this trip students will take a campus tour provided by the admissions office, eat lunch on campus, and then meet with arts faculty for a tour of the arts building a presentation on audition best practices. Cost of the trip is $20 which includes bus and lunch.
Here is a link to the permission form.
Arts College Night
Friday Sept 13th:
- Final Chicago payments due for those going on the trip.
- In the Streets Festival in downtown Frederick. The AFA will have a booth on Market St and some of our students will perform at the corner of Market and Church St. This event is NOT mandatory.
- AFA field trip to Towson University during school day
- Arts College Night: Over 20 regional colleges and universities will be at TJ High School to answer your questions about their programs. We will begin the evening in the auditorium at 6:00pm with a short presentation on types of colleges, differences between degree types, and helpful questions to ask during the college search process. Then, students and parents will have from 6:30-8:30 to talk to reps from various institutions. This event is a MUST as you begin your college search.
- Shadow Day: Invite a friend!
- AFA Music Recital. 7:00PM at TJ High.
***To see the entire AFA Calendar, please visit the EVENTS portion of our website***