December 2, 2022
This Week & Upcoming Events:
- For ASB Dress Up Days, see schedule below.
- PTO General Meeting @ Selkirk. Tuesday, Dec. 6th @ 6:30 pm.
- High-5 Volleyball Friday, Dec. 9th after school.
- Please turn in all Giving Tree items by Wed., Dec. 14th.
- PTO Staff Appreciation- Use Sign Up Genius link to find out more. Items should be brought to the school office by Dec. 16th.
- December 16th, Winter Ball from 6:00-8:00.
- Winter Break begins on Wednesday, Dec. 21.
- School begins again on Wednesday, Jan. 4.
Sports This Week:
- See this week's schedule below.
Selkirk Giving Tree
How it works:
- sign up for an item
- go shopping
- bring the item to the school office, unwrapped, with the Item # labeled on it by Dec. 14th.
This list it not yet complete, but we wanted to get what we do know, so far, in case you are out and about shopping this weekend.
Your generosity is greatly appreciated as we work together to support each member of our PACK.
Selkirk Community Sense of Belonging Survey
As communicated last week, one of the main priorities at Selkirk, and across CVSD, is to help create a strong sense of belonging for all students, staff, and our community. We would love to know how we are doing with this. Please take a moment to complete our brief survey. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
PTO Winter Ball Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer & Donation Sign Up Links:
*Sign up to volunteer at the Winter Ball
*Sign up to donate food for the Winter Ball
*Sign up to donate items for a December Staff Appreciation. Bring items to the office by Dec. 15th.
*Planning meeting/walk through Fri. Dec. 2nd @ 2:40 in the main office
*Text or email Sydne Wheeler (event chair)SydneW06@gmail.com *(509)850-0108
Positives for our Wolf PACK
This week we honored all wolves who made Honor Roll during 1st quarter by earning a 3.5 or higher. You can see their names below. Congrats!
Congrats to Dylan Agnew, Brie Pulsipher & Collin Almquist who each won Corn Hole in the Commons. Each selected a class period who will get to play corn hole next week for 30 min.
Our next raffles include:
- Cooking Session with Mrs. Hurst to learn how to make French Toast Maple Bars (offered at student request. 3 winners will be drawn and each will be able to invite a friend.)
- Hot chocolate bar for you and 2 friends. (4 winners will be drawn.)
- Scholastic Prize Pack of fun things from our Book Fair (2winners)
Students can earn raffle tickets by trading in 10 Wolf Bucks or by being selected by a teacher for a PACK Character Award. Students can select which raffle they most want to enter.
BSN Team Sports Selkirk Pop-Up Store
We have a pop-up store available at this link… It is open for anyone to purchase!
Store closes Dec. 2!
Take a look at our cool new SW logo!
This is a great way to build your Wolf wear wardrobe for Wolf Wear Wednesday.
6th Grade Math is Cool...Seriously!
If you enjoy math, love to compete, or just want to improve your math skills, consider joining the Selkirk “Math is Cool” team…
Coaches: Mr. Northern, Nate Fox and Andrew Bota
Who: 6th- Graders
When: Mondays & Wednesdays from 2:50-4:00pm
- First meeting is Wednesday, November 30
- Finishes with “Math is Cool” Championships on a “yet-to-be-determined date” in early February.
Where: Mr. Northern’s Classroom #314
Open to the first 25 6th-graders to sign-up who have ASB Fee paid!
*Please see Mr. Northern for information or sign-up on Final Forms
Ping Pong Comes to Selkirk!
The Ping Pong Club will meet on Tuesdays from 2:45-4:00 beginning Dec. 6th.
Meet in the library.
SVT - STEM camp
SVT will be holding a STEM Camp on Saturday, December 3rd! These are fun hands-on days where students can explore 3-5 STEM programs per session.
See the link to the registration form.
STEM Camp Form
Contacts at Selkirk Middle School
Attendance Line: 558-6207 (or email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Principal, Ty Larsen: email@example.com
Asst. Principal, Jen Hurst: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor, Connie Mott: email@example.com
Head Secretary, Mandi Daniels: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Secretary, Denise Burgess: email@example.com