MTPS 2013 iPad sharing session
6th April 2013
Join me to see how iPad is used in Physics class
Who can catch a $2?
- Member 1 will be the "catcher" with your thumb and index finger held about 2 fingers apart.
- Member 2 will hold a straightened $2 note vertically with the bottom edge align to the top of member 1's fingers. The note will be dropped without any warning and member 1 will try to catch the note by clamping his fingers shut.
- Member 3 will film the action using the camera app.
- Use CoachMyVideo app to analyse the video and draw your conclusion.
App was used sketch their ideas
Graphical Analysis App
App was used to analyse data collected.
Graphical Analysis App
App was used to analyse data collected and conclusion is drawn.
Towards self-directed learning
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Tools for self-directed learning
- iTunes U
- Web 2.0 tools - http://edcvs.co/14FM7eA
Keeping in contact
I am Lee Tat Leong.
I am a Physics teacher with 12 years of teaching experience and I prepare my students for the Singapore-Cambridge A-level examination. I am also the Subject Head then the Head of Department for Education Technology since 2009.
I have been using technology for learning since 2004, starting with proprietary simulation software, such as interactive physics, and shifting gradually towards open source tools (Tracker and Easy Java Simulations) and tools for open learning (google docs, etc). As an ICT mentor since 2010, I am doing my best to spread the integration of ICT in Physics.
My belief and teaching
Sharing at seminars and conferences
Over the past five years, I had great opportunities to present and exchange my experiences with fellow like-minded educators on Physics education. This includes international conferences such as Raffles International Conference on Education 2008, Redesigning Pedagogy (2011). Local nationwide seminars/conferences such as Physics Instructional Programme Support Group (2009, 2011), Edutech (2010, 2011), National ICT sharing (2011), ICTLT (2012), etc.
Conference/Research papers bearing my name
- Video Analysis and Modeling Tool for Physics Education: A workshop for Redesigning Pedagogy – arXiv.org 01/07/2012
- Using Tracker as a Pedagogical Tool for Understanding Projectile Motion – Physics Education, Volume 47, Issue 4, July 2012
- Using Tracker as a Pedagogical Tool for Understanding Projectile Motion – arXiv.org 27/06/2012
- VIDEO ANALYSIS AND MODELING TOOL FOR PHYSICS EDUCATION: A WORKSHOP FOR REDESIGNING PEDAGOGY – Redesigning Pedagogy 2011
- Entropy production and destruction in models of material evaporation – Journal of Physics D, Issue 34, 2001 (here)