Runyan Elementary Mission
At Runyan Elementary, we are a safe and welcoming community dedicated to student-focused learning driven by high expectations for all.
- 9/2 District common formative assessment for reading / writing (3rd-4th)
- 9/6 School holiday
- 9/7 Progress reports go home
- 9/16 Released Reading STAAR (3rd)
- 9/22 Read for a Better Life celebration
- 9/23 Released Math STAAR (3rd)
- 9/23 Open House / Multi-Cultural Parade
- 9/30 District common formative assessment for science (2nd-3rd)
2021-2022 School Calendar
Conroe ISD is Hiring Crossing Guards (see attachment)
- If your residence qualifies for bus service, please consider sending your child on the bus. This will decrease the volume of cars and allow those who don't have the option of bus service get through the line more quickly.
- Please make sure your child has everything gathered and is ready to exit the vehicle as soon as the car stops for drop-off.
- Please do not wait for a staff member to open your car door. Please allow students who are able to open their own car door to do so, and make their way to the front door. Students should not exit the car before reaching the covered portion of the front porch. If your child needs assistance, please roll down your window and call to one of the monitors. They are happy to help when needed; they just don't want to slow the car line unnecessarily.
- Remember, there is no left turn allowed. Please approach the car-rider line in the lane that will allow you to make a right turn into the school.
We appreciate your help in making this a better experience for morning car-riders!
Important Arrival / Dismissal Procedures
- Doors open at 7:30 each morning. This is the earliest students may be dropped off for school. There is no supervision for students prior to that time, so please do not drop students off earlier than 7:30.
- Parents arriving to campus in a car should use the car-rider line. Parents should not park in the back lot or along the road to drop off or pick up their child. We've noticed parents parking along the street during morning drop off and darting across traffic to drop off their child. This is very dangerous! Please use the car-rider line appropriately, or consider sending your child on the bus. Another option is to walk your child to school. Please DO NOT park and walk across traffic!
- To help our car-rider line move as quickly and efficiently as possible, we are asking all students who are able, to get themselves out of the car on the side next to the school and walk into the building. There will always be staff on hand to assist students who need help and monitor for safety, but if cars don't have to wait on the next available adult, we can move things along more quickly. Of course, it is important to use safe practices -- students should always get out on the school side of the vehicle, and they should wait until they've gotten up to the part of the sidewalk covered by the awning before exiting the car.
- Students who dismiss as walkers must walk home. They may not be picked up by someone driving to the walker area in a car, even when the weather is bad. All students leaving school in a car must dismiss through the car-rider line, and cars may not park along the road to pick up a walker.
- Cars may only make a right turn into the car-rider line. This means cars will have to drive West down Foster Dr. in order to turn right into the line. (Left turns will not be allowed.) Cars may join the car-rider line on Foster from Porter Road or from Cedar Crossing. Please do not make U-turns on Foster Drive, as it creates a safety hazard for drivers.
- To make a dismissal change, parents may email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a picture of their driver's license. All dismissal change requests must be received BEFORE 2:45 so we have time to communicate the change to the dismissal duty staff.
The car-rider line can be very long in the mornings. We encourage anyone eligible for bus service to send their child to and from school on the bus.
Link to Apply for Meal Assistance
Open House / Multi-Cultural Parade
Before we begin Open House, we'll celebrate the rich heritage of our community by participating in a multi-cultural parade. Parents and students are invited to dress to reflect their heritage and walk together around our parade route. The parade will begin at 5:30.
At 6:00, we'll have our first Open House presentation. Families who prefer not to participate in the parade may still come to Open House at 6:00.
At 6:25, we'll have a second, duplicate Open House presentation. This presentation is intended as an opportunity for families with more than one child to receive Open House information about their other child's classroom.
Counselor Assistance Form, 2021-2022
CISD Non-Discrimination Statement:
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.