OMS Library Update
November & December 2019
By the Numbers
- 74 total classes for November
- 71 total classes for December
- Ms. Ayers' homeroom had top checkouts for November & December
- Colton Lunsford (Krasutsky's homeroom) had top checkouts for November & December
- 1,153 books checked out in November
- 557 books checked out in December
- 13 student designed 3D prints
- 93 new books added
- 6,708 books checked out this school year
- Sisters top title
In December, we hosted a Scholastic Book Fair. We earned 40% profit on our sales and added many new books to the library from the Book Fair.
You're a Winner!
We continue to host our "You're a Winner" contest. Students who check out a "winner" book are allowed to pick a prize from our prize box.
Ms. Drakeford's Classes Learn to Create Websites
Students in Ms. Drakeford's ELA classes learned how to make websites using Google Sites. They will be using their new websites as writing portfolios throughout the rest of their time with Buncombe County Schools.
The OMS library is open from 7:05-3:30 daily. Ms. Tremble and Ms. Sturdivant are excited to help students find books, 3D print, and use their technology. Maker Club meets after school on Mondays in the library (3:15-4:00). Battle of the Books meets on Wednesday afternoons (3:15-4:15). Gravity Games will meet on Wednesday after winter break. Listen to announcements for start date.