CGS Weekly Message
Happy New Year!
Can you believe that we are already in the year 2023?! We hope that all of you had a blessed and beautiful holiday season with those that you love the most! We are excited to get back to work and get Semester 2 started at CGS.
- Monday, January 2, 2023 is a TEACHER WORKDAY. NO SCHOOL for students.
- All students will report back to school on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
- Report Cards go home with students for Quarter 2 on Friday, January 6, 2023.
Senior Class of 2023:
In 5 short months, our graduating class of 2023 will walk across the graduation stage and accept their diploma for their 13 years of HARD WORK.
Please help me recognize and congratulate our graduating class of 2023 who will graduate on May 25, 2023:
Reagan Allison, Summer Berry, Tighe Broadfoot, Kailey Brooks, H'Joepina Buonkrong, Gracie Canup, Jarrett Church, Dylan Davis, Allie Dellinger, Kaylee Doiron, Parker Faucette, Laurel Fowler, Faith Glasco, Maddux Harrell, Caleb James, Morgan Jones, Hunter Lackey, Brandon McNeilly, Daniel Meza-Sarmiento, Anthony Mintz, Mason Moffitt, Rebecca Morgan, Jeffrey Newton, Will Oldham, Ashton Petty, Logan Poole, Ashtan Romberg, Briar Roten, Ashton Shoffner, Amy Smith, Leslie Summers, Ayden Taylor, Mary Uhl, Jamie Underwood, Tim Wilkie, Dylan Wilson, Autumn Wright, and Rebekkah Wynn.
Great work seniors!! We can't wait to celebrate YOU and YOUR accomplishments as you complete your LAST semester of high school!! : )
Senior parents, we will be sending out "Important Dates" and senior events/information in February so please be on the lookout for that information coming soon!
Awards from NCDPI & SBE:
Congrats to CGS for Exceeding Growth last school year!! Please see the awards below sent to us from State Superintendent, Catherine Truitt from NCDPI and State Board of Education's Chairman, Eric Davis. See their congratulations below.
"Academic growth and high graduation rates represent an impressive amount of hard work by students and educators. Please share the appreciation and congratulations from the entire Department of Public Instruction and the State Board of Education with everyone at your school."
Feedback Form FAQ 22-23
“Feedback Form” Submissions from week of 12/12:
Why are elementary students not allowed to eat lunch in the cafeteria? Some classrooms are even going outside (which it’s too cold for that)??
- We currently use our cafeteria to house our students enrolled in online courses or college courses. There are high school students taking online courses all periods throughout the day. We were able to relocate them to allow middle school students the opportunity to each lunch in the cafe but haven't been able to do so for elementary classes yet due to limited spacing available. We plan to revisit this once Semester 2 begins to see if any additional opportunities exist.
What does the PE and gym classes look like due to no gym in the new building? How will this be handled?
- The new building has a fitness room/weight room which has been a request from our high school students and coaches for quite some time. We do have access if needed to our current campus gym facility, but high school PE will take place majority of the time on the new campus outside or within the work out room.
Can we please get the entrance at Burch Bridge fixed as far as the gravel?
- Our road maintenance crew came out over the holiday break and spread additional gravel and fixed potholes, etc. We hope this will improve the driving experience for all of our student and parent drivers. Thank you for your patience!
Will elementary students ever get to eat in the cafeteria this year? I understand that high school students use it, but I feel it's important for elementary students to use it too. Most elementary students stay in the same classroom all day except for specials and recess.
- Please see answer from similar question above.
When will the lottery be open for upcoming kindergarten?
- Our 23-24 Lottery opens on January 2nd, 2023 and will run through March 3rd, 2023. Our lottery will be held March 6th, 2023 at 2 P.M online via Lotterease.
How many students are being added to elementary?
- Approximately 70-90 students will be added to all levels (Elem. Middle and High School) Our total enrollment goal for our school will increase to approx. 950 students total between both campuses.
What will the lunch process be in the HS building? Will they be offered hot lunch?
- We are working through the logistics of this process but it will mimic what they are used to now. There will not be a full working kitchen, it will mimic what we currently have now. Student Lunches will continue to be brought in from the same outside vendors our current campus uses.
If you missed something or just need clarity on an event, etc. please fill out the form found here: https://forms.gle/L7oKFaRZUuiuh8JH7 This form will be monitored weekly and answers to frequently asked questions will be provided in the weekly Sunday message.
Please see the January lunch menu below.
Please see the links below if you are in need of any assistance.
How to create a myschoolaccount- https://youtu.be/0QZDU5Xm7zU
How to login and manage students- https://youtu.be/9vS7n4tnZ8s
How to deposit funds- https://youtu.be/13k29YnYuZw
How to preorder lunches- https://intercom.help/myschoolaccount_help_center/en/articles/2330998-place-a-pre-order
Please see above for adding funds to your student account. Please make sure your account is no more than $50 in the negative. If your student’s account is more than $50 in the negative he/she will not be allowed to purchase a la carte items and charge them to their account.
Reach out if you have any questions.
Cafeteria Coordinator email@example.com
AMAZING Grizzly Heroes!
Please help us celebrate and SHOUT OUT our Amazing Grizzly Heroes recognized at CGS this week! These students are doing an AMAZING job of modeling our mission, vision, and values at CGS. They go above and beyond at CGS and we are VERY proud of them! Keep up the GREAT work!!
(None recognized this week)
Parents, thank you for your patience while we work hard to fill our current teaching vacancies at CGS. We currently only have one opening in Spanish. We are actively interviewing applicants and working hard to fill that opening as quickly as possible with the most qualified applicant. Thank you for your patience while we work to fill our openings.
We have also posted some of our openings for next school year.
If you know of someone that would be a fantastic fit for our CGS family, please send them to our website to apply at http://cgsnc.org/home/careers/.
For ALL CGS Grizzly Fans - ANYONE wanting game information who is interested in getting the CGS schedules can use the CGS Dragon Fly website by using this web address https://go.dragonflyathletics.com/sites/NCHSAA to view each teams schedule, coaches, rosters, purchase tickets and watch games remotely if schools have the NFHS Network.
Tuesday, January 3:
4:00 Middle School Girls Basketball
5:15 Middle School Boys Basketball
HOME vs. Cornerstone
6:30 Varsity Girls Basketball at Triad Math and Science
Thursday, January 5:
4:30 Middle School Girls Basketball
5:45 Middle School Boys Basketball
AWAY- Chatham Charter
Friday, January 6:
4:30 JV Boys Basketball
6:00 Varsity Girls Basketball
7:30 Varsity Boys Basketball
AWAY- Falls Lake Academy
**Any student interested in playing a Spring Sport must complete the form below no later than January 27th.
Please contact our Athletic Director, Coach Paschal for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents Teachers Together (PTT)
We continued to make good progress throughout the school break even with the holidays and cold/wet/windy weather. We have our next biweekly OAC onsite progress meeting on 1/4/23. To date, we have 0 safety incidents!
- Started placing stone in parking lot
- Continue to install duct work on 2nd floor and roof curbs
- Started framing parapet, interior walls and exterior walls on both floors
- Framing out for doors and windows
- Started exterior sheathing (gypsum board) – purple board in the back view photo
- Started fire sprinkler line on 1st floor
- Continue with housekeeping around jobsite due to large winds
- Duke Energy began installing new poles and line work on Pagetown Road
Please see the photos below.
Have a FANTASTIC week Grizzlies!!
See you Tuesday!!
As always, thanks for all that you do,
Clover Garden School
*If you need this weekly newsletter translated into a different language, please let our Title 1 Coordinator, Mrs. Simmons know at email@example.com.
*If you have any thoughts, feedback or suggestions for our Title 1 team on ways to improve our practices, please contact Mrs. Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.