My Washington, DC Trip
The Washington Monument
Five Facts About The Washington dc Monument
- Plans for the monument began even before Washington was elected president.
- The original design for the monument was much different than what ended up being built.
- The monument was once the site of a hostage situation.
- The monument has survived a earthquake.
- The original elevator ride to the top took twenty minutes.
The World War Two Memorial
The World War Two memorial was completed and opened to the public on April 29.
The Lincoln Memorial
Lincoln Memorial is an American national monument built to honor the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln. It is located on the western end of the National Mall in Washington, D.C., across from the Washington Monument.
The Lincoln Memorial was started in 1914 and it was finished in 1922.
The Jefferson Memorial
The Jefferson Memorial was dedicated to Thomas Jefferson and built to honor him.
The Jefferson Memorial was built in 1943