From The Principal's Desk
November 20, 2022
Welcome to Our Newsletter!
Meet us here weekly to know what's happening at Odyssey!
Communication is the key to success! Stay informed by viewing our website and staying connected via Facebook and Twitter.
Mrs. Beatriz B. Smith
Principal of the Dragons
From the Discipline Team
DRESS CODE Non-Negotiables
From Guidance Team
Progress Reports went home on November 17th. You can also check your student's grades visiting the Skywards Parent Access Portal.
8Th GRADE STUDENTS
Scholarship recipients and their parents/guardians sign a performance contract pledging that the student will remain in school, complete program requirements, stay drug-free and out of trouble, and that the parent/guardian agrees to support and encourage the student to achieve their full potential.
Upon successful completion of the program, students receive a 2-year college scholarship (60 credit hours) purchased by the Valencia College Foundation from the Florida Prepaid College Foundation.
If you have any questions about this application, email email@example.com or call 407-582-3008.
You can also email our 8th grade counselor, Ms. Aloyo:
Download Complete Packet Below
From Ms. Rawlings
From Ms. Haber
From Ms. Landry
From the Instructional Coaches
FROM THE ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT
DRESS CODE Non-Negotiables:
NO PAJAMA PANTS or SLIPPERS
1. Clothes shall be worn as they are designed. For example, suspenders should be over the shoulders, pants secured at the waist, belts buckled, no underwear as outerwear, and no underwear exposed.
2. Clothing must cover the body from one armpit across to the other armpit and down to
approximately mid-thigh. Tops must have straps. Undergarments must not be viewable. Rips, holes, or tears in clothing must be below mid-thigh.
3. Shoes shall be worn at all times and should be safe for the school environment. The following shoes are not acceptable for any OCPS student: cleated shoes or shoes with wheels.
4. Headgear shall not be worn on campus during the school day unless the headgear is approved by the principal.
6. See-through, revealing, or mesh garments must not be worn without appropriate coverage
underneath that meets the minimum requirements of this dress code.
7. Clothing and accessories that endanger students or staff shall not be worn.
Individual schools are expected to use the state and district dress and grooming guidelines as minimum standards; any adjustments may be made upon approval of the principal’s supervisor. The principal at each school reserves the right to determine what appropriate dress is for the school as detailed in these minimum standards.
Phones confiscated by school administrators will be available for parent pick up in the front office.
Pie to Celebrate Teachers and Staff
The Gratitude Wall
Dragons students and staff
PTSA received 173 gratitude messages this week!!! Thank you to all of you who participated. We are so happy to see so many great messages of gratitude.
The Gratitude Wall with all the messages is at school in the staff mail room. The winner of the $10 Publix gift card is our amazing Art Teacher Ms. Landry, Congratulations!!!
Project WE CARE - PTSA and NHJS Students
NJHS and PTSA collected items and gift cards for 6 families who were impacted by Hurricane Ian.
Thank you to all of you who sent donations. We hope these could bring some smiles and joy to our students and families.