Weekly Tiger News
May 9 - May 13, 2016
Happy Birthday to...
Sarah Sexton - May 4th
PLC Meeting This Week...
Something to think about...
The growth and development of people is the highest calling of a leader
We do not want any testing irregularities! So check students documents before turning them in and follow all testing procedures!
Thanks for all your hard work and all you do!
Sheldon Elementary Attendance
We saw a dip in our attendance this week...
At the end of week April 29th - 96.78%
At the end of week May 6th - 96.74%
Let's not slack on attendance as we move closer to the end of the year. It is important to end the year strong. Continue to encourage your students to come to school each day!
Remember....If students are not in school, then they are not learning.
Continue to make attendance a priority! Let's try to get above 97% this week!!!
Our annual Parent Survey is now available on the website. Please encourage your parents to complete the survey.
If you are a Sheldon parent and your child attends one of the Sheldon schools, I encourage you to take the Parent Survey. This will provide feedback to how your child's school is doing. Parent Survey
The campus with the largest percentage of parent surveys completed will be treated to a pizza lunch! Parent and student survey results will give us feedback to improve our schools and our district as a whole.
School Nurses' Week
- May 8 - Happy Mother's Day
- May 9 - 3rd, 4th, and 5th (re-testers) grade Reading STAAR
- May 10 - 3rd, 4th, and 5th (re-testers) grade Math STAAR
- May 11 - 5th grade Science STAR
- May 11 - School's Nurses' Day
- May 12 - Career On Wheels
- May 12 - Tiger University Summer Camp Meeting at 6:30p.m.
- May 13 - Honor Choir Field Trip
- Teachers, please make sure you are at your door when the bell rings at 7:40 a.m.
- Greet your students each morning as they enter the classroom.
- Teachers, please let Ms. Garza know when you have a missed punch on the time clock. It is important to clock in on time each day.
- All letters to parents need to be approved by an administrator before sending home.