Hawk Squawk 6/10/21
Dear Hallinan Families,
Even though we only have four days of school left, there is a lot going on here at Hallinan! Make sure to look at the 'Save These Dates' section and the '5th Grade Celebration' section for details and updated information. And, don't forget, our final Hal Hangouts for the year are tomorrow at 11:45 am for K-2 and at 12:15 pm for 3-5.
With summer just around the corner, make sure to check out the posts from Mrs Doran, Mrs Glumbik and Ms Erspamer for activities to do throughout the break. And click here to see happy summer messages from our staff.
Before I sign off for the year, I want to send out a big thank you to YOU! for your support and flexibility, and for sharing your children with us! It took all of our fabulous Hallinan community - students, families and staff - to get through this unusual year. A special shout-out to our amazing PTO who has been with us throughout this unique time, always at the ready to champion for our students. Their support is greatly appreciated - Hallinan would not be the same without our PTO. Please consider taking on a leadership role with the PTO, you can learn all about it HERE or by clicking on the PDF below!
We all knew it would take big hearts, creative minds and courage to get through this twisty turvy journey of delayed starts, navigating zoom classes, wearing masks and staying socially distant.
Reflecting over the past year, I am so proud of your children and all they have accomplished. I am grateful to call Hallinan home - there is no place I would rather be.
Enjoy these last few days of school, have an amazing summer, and make time for a good book!
Hallinan's Got Talent!
Save These Dates!
6/11: HAL Hangouts - invitations were sent on 6/8, if you didn't receive one, please contact email@example.com
- Last day of in-person learning
- Last day of PE, Music and STEM
- Yearbooks handed out at Hallinan
- Last Day of School - Live Instruction via Zoom
- 5th Grade Celebration - details below
- Device/supply return for students not returning to Hallinan next year from 12:30 - 3:30 pm
- Online Student book/supply return and yearbook pick up from 12:30 to 3:30 pm
- Kona Ice for Hallinan students - see PTO section below
- Device and supply return for students not returning to Hallinan next year from 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Online Student book/supply return and yearbook pick up from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
6/17: iReady ELA and Math results send to families via email by 3 pm
6/18: Report cards available in ParentVUE by 3 pm
7/6: School Supply Pre-Order - see PTO section below
5th Grade Celebration Schedule
- 8-8:30 am - Both AM and PM Cohorts attend their class Zoom together
- 8:30 - 8:50 am - ALL 5th Graders attend Principal Griffiths' Zoom Meeting (link will be sent via teacher classroom communication by 6/14)
- 8:50 am - 5th graders dismissed to get ready for the drive-through
- 9:30-10 am - Dunne
- 10-10:30 am - Freeman
- 10:30-11:15 am - Larson/Wetzel
- 11:15 am -12 pm - Miller/Wetzel
- 12:45-1:15 pm - PM Cohorts are welcome to attend Zoom Meetings with their teachers, teachers understand students may be attending another event at this time
Keep in mind:
- Please be as prompt as possible during your designated drive-through time
- Note the Driving Directions below which differ from our typical traffic flow
- Place a card in your front window with your child's full name on it to help us keep the line moving
- Students, families and staff must wear masks and maintain distance
- Students will get out of the car and walk down the front sidewalk
- Families will drive next to them to the entrance canopy where students will have a photo taken
- Students will return to their vehicle
To keep things running smoothly, please follow the Driving Directions as listed here - See diagram below:
- You must enter the carline from Hallinan Street to Cherry Lane and turn Left into Hallinan
- Drive down the driveway along the Left side (opposite normal)
- Turn left at the first parking row
- Stop near the covered play area; students will exit their vehicle there
- Families drive along the curb as their student walks
- Last stop is a photo opportunity and then students will enter their vehicles
- Head up the hill on the Left side of the road, and turn Left onto Cherry Lane
2nd Grade in the Garden
Ms Olson's 1st Grade
STEM This Summer!
PE with Mrs Glumbik
PRE-ORDER YOUR SCHOOL SUPPLIES - NOW!!
KONA ICE FOR EVERYONE!!
We MADE it! Congrats Hallinan community, we are almost through the school year! To celebrate the PTO is bringing Kona Ice to the neighborhood! Details are as follows:
When. Wednesday, June 16
Where. Freepons Park 10:00-10;45 OR Greentree Park 11:00-11:45
Kick off summer by enjoying Kona Ice on us!
**This is a PTO sponsored event not a school related event
LOSD/LOFD COVID Vaccination Clinic Volunteers Needed!
Volunteers are needed for the LOSD/LOFD COVID Vaccination clinics. Clinics will be at Lakeridge Middle School starting on Wednesday, June 9, 2021. Clinics will be held every Wednesday through July 21, 2021, except for June 23, 2021. You do not need a medical background to volunteer.
Volunteers need for the following positions:
Greeter: Greets patients as they arrive and directs them to check-in stations.
Check-In: Registers patients, reviews & verifies paperwork, and directs to the vaccine waiting area.
Wait Time Manager: Primary function is to direct patients to the post-vaccine waiting area and determine post-vaccine wait time. Assists post-vaccine monitor as directed.
Please click here to volunteer.
Grab & Go Starting June 21
SAVE THE DATE: Smart Start Thursday, August 26, 1-3 pm
Smart Start is an opportunity specifically for our students with 504s and IEPs, and their parents and guardians, to make introductions with their teachers and to feel prepared for the start of school. For the 2021-22 School Year, Smart Start is in person August 26, 2021, from 1-3 pm.
Teachers will be familiar with your student’s plan and accommodations. To help better know your students, please complete the attached one-page profile or create one on your own ahead of time, and give it to the teacher at the Smart Start introduction.
Also, to assist in your family’s preparation for the new school year, please click here for a Smart Start checklist for parents and guardians of students with 504s and IEPs.
See you on August 26!
Keep Your Devices This Summer!
Students in grades K-11 who are continuing with LOSD next year are welcome to keep their devices over the summer. Students leaving the district need to turn in their devices to Hallinan by 3 pm on Friday, June 18. Current 2nd graders will exchange their iPads for Chromebooks in August when they return to school.
If you have questions or need technical assistance, please submit a work order and our tech team will be happy to help. https://losdhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Spring i-Ready Assessment
Our Spring i-Ready diagnostic assessment is almost complete. Students were tested in the areas of math and reading over the last two weeks. As a reminder, the goal of i-Ready is to help us determine your child’s strengths and areas for growth, personalize their learning, and monitor their progress throughout the school year. i-Ready also provides data to inform and tailor instruction. This is the third and final i-Ready assessment for this school year, and results will be sent home by Thursday, June 17 at 3 pm.
Please Verify Your Student's Information
- Ensuring that schools have accurate information to reach parents and other contacts in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Verification is important even if your address or contact information has not changed over the past year because the school may have incorrect information from a previous year.
- Confirming parent email addresses for Google Classroom and other applications to participate in your student's learning.
- Enabling distribution of key information in the district's K-12 Family Handbook and Technology Agreement.
New Student Registration for 2021-22 School Year
Lake Oswego Public Library Summer Reading Program
Reading Colors Your World: The Lake Oswego Public Library 2021 Summer Challenge begins June 1st. We are inviting all families to register online at lopl.org/summer, set their own goals, and read all summer long. Your FREE book is yours to claim as soon as you register. We’ve created some extra challenges that go beyond reading, including a city-wide scavenger hunt. Log your time spent reading, complete challenges, and find all the colors of the rainbow hidden in our city parks, and you’ll earn raffle tickets good for our End-of-Summer prize drawings. We can’t wait to see you at the Summer Library Challenge Headquarters (706 Fourth St.) soon.
Students will be receiving LOPL postcards at their home address with more information about the summer reading challenge.
Respond to Racism's Virtual Kids' Storytime
Hunger Fighters Food Pantry
Office Phone: 503-534-2353
Principal Melissa Griffiths - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary Lee Gates - email@example.com
Secretary Linda Stevens - firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child will be absent, please email your student's teacher and copy the office at email@example.com. Please list the date your child will be absent and any illness symptoms.