We Are Together Tamanend!
November 16, 2012
Monica G. was nominated for her Responsibility by Ms. Chelsea French.
Maurice M. was nominated for his Respect by Mrs. Amanda Higgins.
Joe M. was nominated for his responsibility.
Parent Council Topic - Concussions
Our School Nurse, Mrs. Myrtetus, presented to our Parent Council on November 15th on the topic of concussions. Here are some links to information and helpful resources that Mrs. Myrtetus shared:
TMS Coffee House 2012
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle for the Upcoming Holidays!
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Highlighted in a Previous TMS Update:
- If you are looking for the perfect holiday gift for that special Tamanend Tiger in your life, look no farther... Our Tamanend Spiritwear Sale is sponsored by and benefits our Autistic Support program.
- Nominate a TMS student for Boomerang Recognition for their honesty. Use our online ballot - nominations are due November 19.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.