NEWS AND NOTES
February 25, 2022 Parent Newsletter
A Note from the Principal
- To celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday this year, on Thursday, March 3rd, students and staff will be able to dress as their favorite Dr. Seuss character provided they wear uniform bottoms.
- Lunch is open for March and will close today at 5:00 PM!
- Get out this weekend and support our 4th and 5th grade basketball teams as they compete in the end of year tournament! Go Meteors!
Week at a Glance
-Happy Birthday Mrs. Maguire!
-8:05 MHSA Meeting
-Raffle Athletic Dress for Boots and BBQ Participants
-10:00 Ash Wednesday All School Mass
-5:45 RISE Meeting
-Dr. Seuss Day
-Happy Birthday Mrs. Jenkinson!
-Spirit Dress Day
-1:00 OKC Pep Rally in the Gym
Marquette K-8 COVID-19 Data
Ordering lunches for the month of March will close this Friday, February 25th at 5 p.m. We have also added a couple of Chick-fil-A Wednesdays to the March calendar as well as the Ludger's Mac-N-Cheese days on Friday. Below are the dates for March:
Tuesday, March 1 - make up Chick-fil-A day for our Snow day on Feb. 4
Friday, March 4 - Ludger's Mac-N-Cheese
Wednesday, March 9 - Chick-fil-A
Friday, March 11 - Ludger's Mac-N-Cheese
Wednesday, March 23 - Chick-fil-AFriday, March 25 - Ludger's Mac-N-Cheese
Instructions to print your FACTS Annual Payment Summary
1. Log into Family Portal
Reminder the Marquette District Code in MS-OK
2. Click on “Financial” in the lower left hand corner (located in the red menu box)
3. Click on “Financial Home” located in the Financial Links menu box on the right
4. Click on “View Details” in the Payment Plan and Billing menu
5. Click on the blue “View Payment Summary” button
6. The Payment Summary that appears, lists all payments you have made to Marquette/ ECDC for the previous calendar year.
The FACTS Grant and Aid Portal is open for families to apply for tuition assistance for the 2022-2023 school year.
You may access the portal by logging into Family Portal by:
Clicking on Financial located at the bottom of the red box on the left side of your home screen
Click on Apply for Grant and Aid, located under Financial Links
Log into the FACTS Grant and Aid portal
Reminder: Your login credentials are different from the credentials for the FACTS tuition management website. You can call FACTS at 866-441-4637, if you need your password reset. If you have not previously set up an account in the Grant and Aid portal, you need to Create an Account.
The Grant and Aid Portal will close on April 15.
If you have any questions about tuition assistance, please feel free to reach out. I am happy to schedule an appointment with you to discuss the 5 different financial aid funds available to Marquette K-8 students.
Summer is almost here and registration for Vacation Bible School and Totus Tuus is now open!
Vacation Bible School
Our VBS theme this year is the "Fruits of the Spirit." We will explore, through games, crafts and music, how God gives us the fruits of the Spirit to help us show others what His love looks like.
- Ages 3 to entering Kindergarten
- 9 a.m. to noon each day (lunch not provided)
Similar to VBS, Totus Tuus provides religious education in a fun and engaging environment. The program's name is Latin for "Totally Yours" and was St. John Paul II's motto, taken from St. Louis de Montfort's "True Devotion to Mary." The program has a Marian focus, with a different theme every year that ties back into Marian devotions.
- Grades 1-5 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day, lunch not provided)
- Children will learn how to pray, about the importance of prayer, explore the sacraments and discover how to participate more fully in Mass.
- Grades 6-8 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day, lunch not provided)
- Designed for middle schoolers, students will strengthen their faith by focusing on prayer and meditation, small-group discussions, adoration, Mass and reconciliation.
- High School Students (7 to 9 p.m.)
- Designed for high schoolers, students will strengthen their faith by focusing on prayer and meditation, small-group discussions, adoration, Mass and reconciliation.
If you would like more information or have any questions, please contact Sarah Seck. Additionally, if you are a high school student, young adult, or adult and interested in volunteering please contact Sarah.
Volunteering and Virtus
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process (PDF instructions attached as well). We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
Yearbook Picture Submissions
March 2 ASH WEDNESDAY MASS
March 11 KINDERGARTEN Q/U WEDDING
March 12-20 SPRING BREAK
March 25 STATIONS OF THE CROSS
April 8 STATIONS OF THE CROSS
April 14 HOLY THURSDAY/LIVING STATIONS OF THE CROSS 2:00 P.M.
April 15 GOOD FRIDAY--NO SCHOOL
April 18 EASTER MONDAY-SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
April 22-29 Spring Book Fair
May 6 MAY CROWNING
May 13 FIELD DAY
May 16-18 8TH GRADE FINALS: 12:30 DISMISSAL FOR 8TH GRADERS
May 19 8TH GRADE GRADUATION
May 20 FIELD DAY MAKE UP DAY
May 24-26 6TH AND 7TH GRADE FINALS: 12:30 DISMISSAL
May 27 KINDERGARTEN GRADUATIONMay 27 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL: 12:00 DISMISSAL / NO AFTERCARE
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO