Acton Weekly Update: 4/15/18
FTCSC Hedgehog Focus
1. We accept LEARNING as the fundamental purpose of our district and therefore are willing to examine all practices in light of their impact on learning.
2. We are committed to working together to achieve our collective purpose. We cultivate a COLLABORATIVE CULTURE through development of high-performing teams.
3. We assess our effectiveness on the basis of RESULTS rather than intentions. Individuals, teams, and schools seek relevant data and information and use that information to promote continuous improvement.
Nuts and Bolts
Please add to your newsletters
1. Fast Flash- May 12th, 2018 Encourage families to sign up. Be sure to register as an Acton family so we can bring the FAST FLASH trophy home to Acton. Every student who participates will earn a TIGER TAIL!!!! Sign up at this link https://fteducation.org/
2.Emergency Preparedness Reminders: Please be sure your classroom door is ALWAYS in the locked position. You have magnets on your doors to allow for easy access to doors but the door should always remained locked. DO NOT EVER PROP AN EXTERIOR DOOR OPEN!
3. Class Placements: . At this time, I do not plan on making any staff/grade level changes. We will be shifting a few cluster/inclusion classes around as needed and that information will be shared in the near future. I've met with the CORE team and directed them to speak with classroom teachers about our sped/ EL/ 504/ watch list kiddos and to begin tentatively placing students into classes for next year. Once we have an idea where these students will be, we will share more information with all teachers so the class placement process can formally begin.
4. Volunteer Breakfast: We will be hosting a parent volunteer breakfast again this year and we plan to set it up very similar as last year.
Monday, May 14th (same as field day- volunteers will most likely already be here to help)
7:45 LGI Room
Catered by Wheatley's
We are asking each certified staff to donate $10.00 just like last year. Classified staff may also make a donation, if possible.
Please fill out the google sheet that will be shared with you with the names of parents who've helped in your room on a regular basis or that you feel go above and beyond for our students. We didn't do room parents this year so I want us to think about those who regularly helped out.
5. Awards Day: Awards Day dates and times will be slightly different this year. We will do three programs per day for only two days.
Kindergarten- May 22 9:10 AM
First Grade-May 22 10:15 AM
Second Grade-May 22 2:30 PM
Fourth Grade-May 23 9:10 AM
Third Grade-May 23 10:15 AM
Fifth Grade May 23 2:15 PM
Following the 5th grade program, students will go back to their class and parents will line the hallways with the rest of the K-5 students and staff to cheer on the 5th grade students during their "final" walk.
We will follow a similar agenda for the program as we did last year. I'm reaching out to RA Staff/ club/ activity leaders to get names for the certificates. Each classroom teacher will fill out the certificates for each of their students and each classroom teacher will select
- Outstanding ELA Student
- Outstanding Math Student
- Math Growth Recipient
- ELA Growth Recipient
Please start working with students now to write their student memories from this school year. I'd like to have three student memories submissions from each grade level (one per classroom).
We will also need two students from each grade level for the pledge.
Related Arts Teachers will practice the program with students during RA classes.
ISTEP for 3-5 is this week. 4th starts next week. 3,4,5 will have priority of the Chromebooks carts. Please keep students quiet in the hallways. Thanks!
Friday is the end of the midterm.
Midterms will be posted- Wednesday, April 25th at 3:00.
Teachers- It's time to start collecting your data and determining the success of your SMART Goals. As soon as you have your data gathered, I suggest that you enter it all into PIVOT. I will need it to finalize your evaluations for this year. I must have all evaluations completed by May 13th.
What's Coming Up
16-May 4 ISTEP
20 Mid term ends
27 All Pro Dads
25 Secretary’s day
25 midterms posted
27 1st Grade fieldtrip
23 School Board Meeting