Anderson Weekly News 1/16/24
You are part of our TEAM!
Dates to Remember
Want these dates to automatically show up on your digital calendar? (Click here and Subscribe)
- Thurs. Jan 18th PTO Dine-out - Portillo's in Elgin 5-8pm (more info below)
- Fri. Jan 19th - PTO Bingo Night at Anderson 6:00 pm-8:00pm (more info below)
- Mon. Jan 22nd - Choir "Vertical Voices" Concert at Thompson Middle School 6:00 pm
- Tues. Jan 23rd- Talent Show Tryouts (Rescheduled from last week)
- Wed. Jan 24th EARLY RELEASE at 2:10 pm
- Tuesday Feb 6th - PTO Meeting in the LRC
- Wed. Feb 7th Mobile Dentist (for students who have made appts)
- Wed. Feb. 14th - Valentines Day Classroom parties
- Mon. Feb 19th - Presidents Day - No School
- Wed. Feb 21st - Tekakwitha Woods Walk during PE classes
- Wed. Feb 21st - Early Release/ student dismissal at 2:10
- Thurs. Feb. 22nd - One Book One School Event 6-7:30
- Fri. Feb 23rd - End of Second Trimester
- Mon. Feb 26th - Online KINDERGARTEN registration opens for District 303
- Thu. Feb. 29th - Students Dismissed at 11:30 AM.
- Thu. Feb. 29th Spring Parent Teacher Conferences (Optional) 12:30-3:00
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION TO BEGIN IN FEBRUARY
Information on school boundary changes will be released once the board votes on this issue. With some boundary changes happening, kindergarten registration will not begin until after the board votes on the boundary changes. Stay tuned for soon to be announced dates for Kindergarten Registration. Tell your neighbors...
From the District - New Start /End times announced for 2024/25 School Year:
Anderson Families! We need more Lunchroom Supervisors!
We are in need of more help in our cafeteria each day. You get to help kids have a safe and organized lunch. You get to supervise recess! Contact Patrica Burton at 331-228-5242 or email her at email@example.com
From the District - Infomation for Parents with Preschool aged students
District 303 is pleased to present its lineup of Parent Education sessions for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Parent Education series (formerly Parent University) includes informational meetings and workshops intended to empower parents and guardians to support their children’s academic, social and emotional needs. Become informed on specialized topics, engage in two-way dialogue with speakers and fellow parents, and become a support resource for others.
Sessions for this school year will focus on bullying prevention, addressing anxiety, and include film screenings and discussions about the impact of screen time and cultural awareness. The schedule also includes college preparation workshops hosted by our high schools. Sessions were selected based in part on feedback from District 303 parents.
Explore the full lineup of sessions here. Signup forms for each session will be made available closer to the session dates. New this year, you can also register for Parent Education notifications and receive alerts as new information and session recaps become available.