Ha Long Bay
Information about Ha Long Bay:
- How has the government improved Ha Long Bay?
- Why did the tourism increase the prices of goods and services in Ha Long Bay?
- Why did the tourism increase the prices of real estate in Ha Long Bay?
- What if there was little tourism in Ha Long Bay?
- What if the local people of Ha Long Bay didn't enjoy the tourism that happens?
- What if the government stop trying to improve Ha Long Bay?
- How has the environment impacted the tourism in Ha Long Bay?
- How did Ha Long Bay look like 500 million years ago?
- Why was the formation of pure blue, salty water important in Ha Long Bay?
- What if the limestones couldn't take any more of the erosion?
- What if the government does nothing to perserve the environmental value of Ha Long Bay?
- What if all the floral and fauna species die out in Ha long Bay?
History also shows that Ha Long Bay was the location for many naval battles against Vietnam's neighbours and that back in the Vietnam War, many of the channels in the Bay were heavily mined by the US navy, still posing a threat to shipping.
- How has the existence of the pre-historical humans influenced Ha Long Bay?
- Why did the US Navy heavily mine the channels in Ha Long Bay?
- How did the ancient cultures die out?
- What if there were some survivors from the ancient cultures?
- What if a mine went off in Ha Long Bay's channels and took lives?
- What if Ha Long Bay was to become a location for naval battles again?
The local economy in Ha Long Bay has also been effected, both positively and negatively. Positive effects have been an increase in employment, a higher standard of living and economic growth while negative effects have been economical instability and increase in prices for goods and services and tax burdens.
- How has the tourism money coming from Ha Long Bay helped Vietnam's economy?
- Why has the prices of goods and services increased in Ha Long Bay?
- How stable is Vietnam's economy?
- What if Ha Long Bay wasn't a World Heritage site? Would Vietnam still generate tourism?
- What if the government didn't spend any money on improving the Ha Long Bay area?
- What if Vietnam didn't have the sufficient public transport to support the tourists that want to visit Ha Long Bay?
Reflecting back, I've learnt how elaborate and detailed a place can be when the SHEEPT factors are used to research, and I've learnt more about Ha Long Bay.