Dr. Maude A. Sanders Primary School
October 2019 Newsletter
News and Notes
- School starts at 8:30 a.m. Thank you for having your students here every day, on time, and ready to learn! If your student(s) need to miss due to illness, family emergency, etc., please contact the school and let us know.
- If your student is late to school, parents need to walk them inside to the Main Office and check them in. Thank you for your help in keeping our students safe.
- Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Wednesday October 16th from 12:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. We hope to see everyone there!
- Research shows that reading just 20 minutes a day (or being read to) can have tremendous impacts on literacy! You can help your student by asking them what they're reading, what they like about it, and if there's a book they'd like to read next. Don't forget to have them fill out their reading log!
- If your student (K-2nd grade) receives Waterford as part of their instruction, you can access it at home!!! Please contact your teacher for more information regarding this great opportunity for continued practice in reading and math outside of school.
- Parents wishing to visit a classroom during the school day will need to clear it with their student's teacher prior to the visit. Office staff will not allow visitors to classrooms unless this has been verified. The reason for doing this is to ensure that there are minimal disruptions to the classroom throughout the day. We would also like to remind parents and visitors to only enter and exit through the main doors on Forrest Hill. Thank you for you cooperation and understanding as we work to keep our school safe.
- On Monday October 14th, there will be a public meeting at Dr. Maude A. Sanders Primary to discuss options for Forrest Hill near the school. The meeting starts at 6:00 p.m.
The traditional troop will have a "Discovery Night" on Wednesday October 9th from 6-7 p.m. at the school. This will be an informational meeting regarding the traditional troop. Another Girl Scout representative will be sending information to the school soon regarding the series troop. We hope to see a lot of girls involved!!!
Our PTO does a lot of wonderful things in the school for our staff and students like dances, popcorn sales, and other events such as the Chuck-E-Cheese night. Meetings are typically the first Tuesday of each month and we would love to have as many parents help out as possible. Thank you for your consideration and your support!
Students who represent us as basketball players must also represent themselves well in school. Students who are struggling with academics or discipline may be subject to dismissal from the team at the discretion of the coach or building administrator. If your child is on the team, be sure to reinforce this with them and remind them of what they can do to be successful. We're looking forward to a great inaugural season of Badger Basketball!
Thursday October 3rd-Parent University at Bonnie Noble Center "Books and Barbeque"; 5-8 p.m.
Monday October 7th-Girl Chat, K-4 Girls; Recess
Tuesday October 8th-Basketball Practice; 5-7 p.m.
Thursday October 10th-Basketball Practice; 5-7 p.m.
Friday October 11th-School Picture Day (Students may come out of school uniform that day for pictures)
Friday October 11th-Midterm 1 Ends
Monday October 14th-Dr. Maude A. Sanders Primary Career Day
Monday October 14th-Public Meeting @ Dr. Maude A. Sanders Primary regarding Forrest Hill; 6 p.m.
Tuesday October 15th-Fan Day Buyout! Students may wear their favorite appropriate t-shirt (Super hero, sports team, singer, etc.) to school for $1. Money raised will go towards PBIS incentives for positive behavior.
Tuesday October 15th-Basketball Practice; 5-7 p.m.
Wednesday October 16th-Parent/Teacher Conferences; 12-6 p.m. NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
Thursday October 17th-NO SCHOOL; FALL BREAK
Friday October 18th-NO SCHOOL; FALL BREAK
Tuesday October 22nd-Basketball Practice; 5-7 p.m.
Wednesday October 23rd-Drama Club; 3:45-4:30 p.m.
Thursday October 24th-Basketball Practice; 5-7 p.m.
Friday October 25th-2nd Grade to HULT Health Center
Friday October 25th-Fire Drill
Monday October 28th-Dental Sealants at school
Tuesday October 29th-Dental Sealants at school
Wednesday October 30th-Drama Club; 3:45-4:30 p.m.
Thursday October 31st-Fall Dress Day Buyout! Students may come out of uniform in their favorite fall clothes such as flannels and hoodies for $1. Money raised will go towards PBIS incentives for positive behavior. No costumes, please.