Jan 13th, 2020
ALLERGY UPDATES AT CROWN
Extended Care Families- PLEASE READ
Effective immediately, do not send your child with any food containing peanuts, or nuts. We have a recently enrolled student with a SEVERE PEANUT ALLERGY. As always, please make sure your child washes their hands upon arrival to Extended Care or Preschool.
Thank you for your cooperation with this sensitive matter.
How to help your child TRANSITION!
This week's article offers simple ways you can help your child move from an event to event throughout the day with easier transitions. Predictability helps alleviate stress for a child. For ideas to reduce challenging behaviors during transitions, please read the article below. These methods are currently practiced and can be seen in your child's classroom.
In light of recent world events, please check to ensure you have provided an emergency clothing and food bag in your child's class at Crown or Silver Strand Preschool, as well as Extended Care at Crown. Please review this letter regarding required emergency items and please check your child's cubby or ask the teacher to make sure your child is prepared.
Thank you for your cooperation!
We will be hosting our demonstration day with Soccer Shots this Tuesday with your child's preschool class in both the morning and afternoon sessions. Soccer Shots is currently held at ECDC and is coming to Silver Strand Preschool.
The after school enrichment activity will be held once a week in the afternoons from 3:15 - 4 pm. A representative will be available on Tuesday to answer any questions about the program. The cost is $55 per month, per child. There must be a minimum of 8 students signed up to conduct this class.
Silver Strand Corner
CORONADO PUBLIC LIBRARY ANNONCEMENTS
Friday, Jan. 17th, 12-1pm
640 Orange Avenue
Friendly reminder: Parents are required to stay with their child during the library "meet-up".
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Our preschool program hopes each family participates and signs up for an opportunity to bring in LIBRARY books. We strongly encourage families to visit the Coronado or any local library with their child, have them select the books to bring to school, and share these books with their peers for the week. It is not required to participate but if you would like to do so, please send only send in LIBRARY books!
IN OTHER NEWS...
Early Years Article - January
- Crown Preschool and Extended Care charges $1/min for late pick-ups.
- Silver Strand and all State funded families are not charged late fees but will be given an Infraction Letter that tracks the amount of late pick-ups. 5 or more late pick-ups is a reason to lose your State funded spot.
Please Sign Your Child In Everyday
- Please label all outer clothing as cool mornings turn into hot days
- On that note, please dress your children appropriately for the hot weather
- Make sure to check backpacks each night for important communication or classroom work
- Let us know if your child will need a lunch 24 hours ahead of time
- Fill out an absence request form every time your child is out.
- Please label everything…backpacks, water bottles, lunch boxes and any containers inside, and clothing.
- Specify if there are separate meals (breakfast, snack, lunch…please label which is which).
- Please have your child wash their hands upon arrival in the classrooms. THANKS!
Miss Zulya, Miss Eileen & Miss Patty
Annual Check-Ups during the school year?
PLEASE NOTE- Preschool requirements are as follows:
- If an exam has been preformed within one year of our preschool start date, anytime between August 22, 2018 and August 22, 2019, you are up to date.
- Current immunization requirements can be found online and any students who have not completed their full series of shots must have a signed doctor's exemption or explanation of delay.
Coronado U.S.D. Preschool Program
Lisa Alonso, MS
Director of Preschool & Child Care Services
Coronado Unified School District
Office Assistant - Crown
Office Assistant - Strand