- 26th president (1901-1909)
- was a New York Police Chief
- Governor of New York
- assistant director of the Navy
- author, explorer, naturalist, soldier and reformer
- born in Manhattan
LEADERSHIP A+: Roosevelt was futuristic, influential, had high moral standards, conservationist,
ORGANIZATION A: Roosevelt was an effective president because he new what he wanted to do and did what he could do get it done as soon as possible. The Panama Canal is an example of this.
PROFESSIONALISM B: Teddy Roosevelt is seen to be one of the US's greatest presidents of all time his professionalism is slightly questionable. In comparison to other presidents he was rugged around the edges.
CONTRIBUTIONS B+ :
- square deal domestic policies, for the average citizen there was fairness, breaking of trusts, regulation of railroads and pure food and drugs.
- The Great White Fleet, paraded the great white fleet around the world so all world powers could see our newly improved and built up navy.
- the Panama Canal
- making conservation a top priority
William Howard Taft
- 27th president (1909-1913)
- jurist and statesman
- born in Cincinnati, OH
LEADERSHIP B : while he was a mediocre president he was not effective enough to win a second term, he had good ideas but tended to undermine himself and was oblivious to the repercussions of his foreign decisions.
ORGANIZATION B : Taft was detail oriented and reorganized the state department.
PROFESSIONALISM B+ :
showed restraint with dollar diplomacy and the revolution in mexico
CONTRIBUTIONS B+ :
- trust busting
- civil service reform
- strengthening the interstate commerce commission
- improving the postal service
- the sixteenth amendment- income tax
- 28th president (1913-1921)
- politician and academic
- born in Staunton, VA
- reduced tariffs aiding big business
- Federal Reserve Act- created a strong, central bank institution
- Anti-trust Acts- injury compensation acts
- 17th direct enry of senators 18th prohibition and 19th suffrage amendments
LEADERSHIP A : Wilson had experience with smaller scale leadership when he was president of Princeton University. Wilson also tried to stay neutral in World War I as long as he could while it still being beneficial to the country. Was decently liked and effective considering he was re-elected for a second term.
ORGANIZATION A : knew what points he wanted to accomplish and got a majority of them done
PROFESSIONALISM A+ : Wilson was a serious man who hardly smiled and stayed professional, there were no scandals and he was decently liked by the public. When elected Wilson had an idea of what he wanted to accomplish and was successful in doing so.
CONTRIBUTIONS A- :
- Federal Reserve Act,
- Federal Trade Commission Act,
- Clayton Antitrust Act, and the
- Federal Farm Loan Act.
- Revenue Act of 1913
- Adamson Act (8 hr work day)