Everitt Family Newsletter
~ For Everitt Families: August 27, 2021
Para traducir, haga clic en el enlace "Translate" a la derecha o encima de este boletín.
Dear Everitt Families:
What a week! Last night at dinner, my kids could hardly keep their heads up they were so exhausted. I realized this morning that we haven't had a full five day week of in-person learning since March of 2019. We will all build stamina over time but I hope your children get a chance to rest this weekend. We will be excited to welcome them again on Monday morning!
This Thursday was our first late-start Thursday. Here are some things you need to know about late-start days:
1. Student are welcome but not required to attend the study hall portion (7:21-8:45) of late start days.
2. From 7:21-8:30, students will be in a study hall. They need to bring something to work on for classes.
3. If you are planning to have your student participate in the late-start Thursday study halls (from 7:21-8:45), please have them to school by the normal 7:21 start time. We do not have supervision for students outside the building between 7:21 and 8:45 as we are all either providing supervision for the study halls or in planning meetings. If your child needs to arrive between 7:21 and 8:45, please have them buzz in through the north doors as they usually would if they arrive to school late.
4. Our rules for study hall are the same as the usual school rules. Students will be asked to keep their cell phones in their lockers when they arrive at school.
5. Breakfast will only be provided from 7:00-7:25. We will not be able to provide a second round of breakfast right before classes begin at 8:55. If your child needs breakfast, please have them here between 7:00 and 7:25.
6. We will provide outside supervision before study hall at 7:00 and before late start at 8:45.
I'm always happy to talk with you about any questions, celebrations, or concerns that you have.
I hope your weekend is full of things that bring you joy!
Thank you for supporting and believing in your neighborhood school.
Amanda Pouliot, Interim Principal
Everitt Middle School
Connection and up-to-date information available here for all Everitt Families and Staff.
2021-2022 Bell Schedule
Drop Off and Pick Up...continued...
We have had a few neighbors on Independence reach out to us. They ask that you please don't block their driveways when waiting for your children. Thanks for helping us be good neighbors!
Clubs and Activities
Girls on the Run
Starts on September 13th. Practices are on Mondays and Thursdays until 4:15. Registration is $40. Reach out to Ms. Waits for registration information and with any questions.
Be looking for information about more clubs to be coming home in next week's newsletter!
Everitt students have a unique opportunity to attend a week long camp in San Diego, California May 16-20.
The following are just a few of the activities students will get to experience: snorkeling, boogie boarding, marine biology labs, tide pooling, and the San Diego Zoo.
An informational meeting and registration will be held at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, September 14th in the Everitt Library.
Middle School Sports Program
Cross Country has already begun and the students are having a wonderful time running together!
Everitt Middle School
With foundations of equity and excellence, Everitt empowers and inspires our students as individuals, lifelong learners, and creative critical thinkers to engage in authentic learning and contribute meaningfully to their communities and their world.