What a little birdie told us
Week of April 18, 2016
Change is all around with the singing of birds to snow falling. All the way to your schedule changing, with testing, to thinking about next school year. Yes, your minds are going in all directions but you need to keep pushing to get your course assignments completed. Buckle down, keep your focus, and success will be yours. This unexpected events, like this past weekend, are going to happen. You need to not let these sudden turns point you in the wrong direction
Click to View
Spring Dance...Check your Kmail for More Details!
Get F.I.T. and Ready for the EOY’s!
F.I.T. stands for Focused Instructional Time and we have reserved this time during second semester starting on January 18th to help prepare you for your End of Year Course Exams! Remember, the EOY exams are how you earn points towards Graduation. (For more information about graduation requirements, click HERE and HERE.)
Teachers will be using this time to review missing concepts from class time, go over practice problems, and help students become familiar with the online tools needed to take these tests. Recordings will be made available for students who cannot attend.
Keep in mind that these sessions cannot replace daily work in your LMS classes and attendance at ClassConnect sessions for success on these tests. This is merely meant to supplement and reinforce. They are optional, but recommended.
Click on the Course Name to attend. Please sign in with First Initial. Last Name.
NHS Peer Tutoring - EXTRA HELP!
Join Mrs. Gilles and members of National Honor Society for help in Math, Science and English!
K12 National Family and Student Programming
Save the DATE:
- K12 Connect To Careers Day May 6, 2016 from 12-8 PM ET Join us for the 6th annual K12 Connect to Careers Day! This is an educational & engaging online event for students in 6-12th grade to explore a wide range of careers. Link will be coming soon!
Note: No Debate club on 4/20 due to End of the Year Testing!
Check back for the link next week or check out recordings below
Check out Past Debates:
- Driving Age; Cake or Ice-cream: 2 or 16 years of age is better; movie ratings working Click HERE for Recording!
- School mandatory; Trade school or college; fairy tales continued as is? Click HERE for Recording!
- Trial: Red vs. Wolf; Aurora vs Prince; debate e-check Click HERE for Recording!
- Kids and the things they are exposed to. Click HERE for Recording!
- What do you think about… Barbie, Women in military, and stay at home dads Click HERE for Recording!
- Change in the weather, St. Patrick’s day or Irish day? Click HERE for Recording!
This week's Event!!!
End of Year Tests CONTINUES THIS WEEK!!!
Wednesday April 20
Algebra I 9:00 – 1:00 (3 hours)
(Not Integrated Math/AIM)
10th – 7th Graders currently enrolled in MTH 123/126
Geometry 1:30 – 5:30 (3 hours)
10th – 7th Graders currently enrolled in MTH 203/206
Friday April 22
Biology 9:00 – 1:00 (3 hours)
10th – 7th Graders currently enrolled in SCI202/203/204/206
US History/US Government 1:30 – 5:30 (3 hours)
(Not Modern World Studies)
All Students (7-12) currently enrolled in
HST313/314/316 (US History) OR
HST403/406 (US Govt)
You should now have your site and testing days confirmed!!! Check with your advisor if you or your LC have questions! Remember you can no longer change sites!!!
Want to Practice??? Find Resources HERE!
SUCCESS CAN BE YOURS! :-D
7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
How did it go this past week? Did you try to be ProActive? Think about things that you can control?
Read on for this week's habit to add to your toolbox!
For More info check out: http://www.seancovey.com/teens.html
We love hearing from you!
Counselor Corner-Info for all grade levels
Look for our k-mails and check the school website: ohva.k12.com.
Follow your School Counselors on Twitter: @OHVACounselors
Follow your School Counselors on Facebook by “liking” the Ohio Virtual Academy School Counselors
Follow us on Pinterest by clicking the following link: https://www.pinterest.com/ocounselors/
F2F College/University Visits:
- F2F Northeast Ohio Spring College Fair at the University of Akron: Monday, April 18th at 9:45 AM RSVP by April 8th
- F2F Tour of the University of Findlay: Thursday, April 28th at 10:00 AM RSVP by April 21st
****Scheduling Session and Survey Link for the 2016-2017 School Year****
All scheduling surveys were due 4/15 (last Friday). Please direct any scheduling questions to your school counselor!!!!
Did You Know!?!? Join us on a Virtual Ohio Road Trip!
Last Week's Results
Counselor Contact Numbers
Click the picture for a bigger view!
Not sure who your counselor is, look in your Finding Your Path course
Advisor Contact Numbers
Click the picture for a bigger view!
Not sure who your advisor is, look in your Online Learning Course!