Lynnville-Sully Schools - February 17, 2021
Message from Shane Ehresman, Superintendent
Thursday, February 25 - 1:00 pm Dismissal for Students - Teacher Professional Development
Monday, March 8 - 1 PM Student Early Dismissal for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Conferences times (4:00 - 8:00 pm)
Thursday, March 11 - 1 PM Student Early Dismissal for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Conferences times (4:00 - 8:00 pm)
Friday, March 12 - No School for Students & Staff - Teacher Conference Compensation Day
Monday, March 15 - Wednesday, March 17 - No School for Students & Staff - Spring Break
Summary of 2020-2021 Snow/Inclement Weather Days (missed 5 full days/2 delays)
- Snow Day: January 25: Make-up Day - Friday, May 28 (Full Day)
- Snow Day: January 26: Make-Up Day - Tuesday, June 1 (Full Day)
- Snow Day: February 4 - Make-Up Day - Wednesday, June 2 (Full Day)
- Snow Day: February 5: Make-Up Day - Thursday, June 3 (Full Day)
- Snow Day: February 12: Make-Up Day - Friday, June 4 (1:00 pm early dismissal) - Last day of school for students
- Two Hour Delays: Tuesday, February 9 and Tuesday, February 16
NOTE: February 15, originally scheduled as no school for Presidents’ Day, was then scheduled as a snow make-up day for January 25, then was cancelled due to inclement weather. We do not need to make-up this day or count missed student contact hours.
At this time, Lynnville-Sully will reevaluate how many make-up instructional hours will be held after the weather improves (sometime in March). In past years, the school district has reduced the number of student hours because of the large number of snow-make-up days scheduled at the end of the school year.
Superintendent Selection Approved by Lynnville-Sully School Board on February 15
Mr. Matthew Dunsbergen was unanimously approved by the school board to be the new superintendent in the Lynnville-Sully Community School District beginning July 1 (read more below about Mr. Dunsbergen).
2020 Video Highlighting Lynnville-Sully's Kindergarten Classrooms
Lynnville-Sully kindergarten video created for incoming kindergarten parents.
February 17, 2021 Lynnville-Sully Data Analysis
At this time, our data indicates we will continue with face-to-face instruction.
On a daily basis, we monitor the county positivity rate, school district student/staff attendance numbers, and positive cases of COVID-19. If the student absentee rate exceeds 10% in the school district and positive cases of COVID-19 increase, we may switch to hybrid or remote learning (L-S instructional model considerations at bottom of the newsletter).
- Jasper County Positivity Rate: 12.9% Source: https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/percent-school-district-positive-analysis
- K-12 Absence Rate: 2.4%
- K-5 Absence Rate: 0.9% ------- Number of Positive COVID K-5 Student Cases: 0
- 6-8 Absence Rate: 1.9% -------- Number of Positive COVID 6-8 Student Cases: 0
- 9-12 Absence Rate: 4.6%% ------ Number of Positive COVID 9-12 Student Cases: 0
- Number of Positive COVID K-12 Staff Cases: 0
- K-12 Students Quarantined: 0
- K-12 Staff Quarantined: 0
* Due to confidentiality guidance, any level with less than six cases can not be identified to protect the identity of individual students or staff. Zeros may be shared with the public.
Operation Red Response/School Connect
On February 11th, 2021, the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office and the Jasper County 911 Service Board rolled out their first emergency communication radio to the Lynnville-Sully School District. he emergency communications radio also gives the school district direct communication with the Jasper County Communications Center and first responders for developments and changes in the emergency situation (see Jasper Country Sheriff's Office press release below).
Lynnville-Sully Youth Sports Registration
Lynnville-Sully youth sports registration is open for softball and baseball until March 7, 2021 - Link to registration: https://tshq.bluesombrero.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1350769
Livestreaming L-S Activities
To watch Lynnville-Sully home events, click on the HAWKS LIVE graphic on the following link: https://team1prep.com/ia/?S=lshawks
Looking for the live-stream links to other schools, click on the following link: http://www.lshawks.org/extra-curricular-activities
Free Meal Pick-Up Available for Absent L-S Students
All Lynnville-Sully enrolled students who are absent from school may pick-up a free meal between 11:30 am - 11:40 am at the front entrance of the elementary/middle school. Meals will be brought out to your vehicle. Meals must be ordered by 8:00 am the day of meal pick-up. If your child is absent due to sickness, COVID-19 quarantine, COVID-19 isolation, or any other reason, you may email or call Shelley Vander Molen before the 8:00 am the day of meal pick-up. Email Shelley: email@example.com or call and leave a message: 641-594-4445 extension 133. The free meal pick-up will be offered through the end of the school year or until federal funding is no longer available.
L-S Return to Learn Website:
If you have any questions or suggestions, please give me a call 641-594-4445 extension 103 or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shane Ehresman, Ed.S.