How to become President
requirements, tips and suggestions
- you must be a natural born citizen
- 35 years or older
- U.S resident for 14 years
step 1:primary and caucus
- primary are were people cast secret ballots to choose a political parties canadats. Primary's are held for the most puldice offices and that includes the presedency.
- caucus: this is another way to vote for your candidates for election there a series of meetings that are held everywhere in the state in these meetings the parties talk about there candidates, they vote for state delegates that represent the candidates they like.
- each of the parties hold a convection to vote for the president nominee
- that president nominee chooses a vice president canadate
- the president canadate travels through out the country trying to win peoples votes
- people vote for 1 president and 1 vice president there actually voting for a group of people that are electors
- the electoral college system every state gets a certain amount of electors that are based on the number of repestitves in congress
- each elector cased 1 electoral vote that follow the election. the total number of electoral votes are 538 you need to get more than half to win the election
- win Iowa