OHMS Library Newsletter
Inform Integrate Inspire | Spring 2015
Learning in the Library
These are the classes and lessons that happened in the library or with the Librarian:
Learning How to Ask Your Own Research Questions with the QFT with Mr. Roy and Mr. McGraw's Africa Resources Project.
Using the Guided Research and Inquiry Process (GRIP) with Mr. Sugerman's Ancient Rome Project.
Using Easybib and Creating a Google Site with Ms. Kappel's Westward Expansion Project
- Westward Expansion A Block Google Site
- Westward Expansion B Block Google Site
- Westward Expansion F Block Google Site
- Westward Expansion G Block Google Site
Finding and Citing Copyright Friendly Images for Ms. Sack's Energy Project
Identifying and Choosing a Biography for Mr. Arnold's Biography Project
Engaging in Inquiry-Based Learning with Dr. Cave's Latin Capstone Project
Using EasyBib to Cite Your Sources for the Spanish Country and Menu Project with Senora Modica, Senora Martinez, and Profesora Feeney
Learning the difference between copyright and Creative Commons licenses
Creating an Ancient Rome presentation in iMovie
Figuring out the best research questions
What were Middle Schoolers reading this Spring?
I blogged about the great experience I had working with Tre and Ms. Johnson on the creation of the Origami Star Wars book trailer. There's only one thing left to say: "Over 420 views!"
A Visit by the Newton Free Public Library Librarians!
My challenge to you this summer is to read a book (or two or three) that your students would read! You'll be surprised at what you find.
I've included two great summer reading lists to get you started. No excuses!
Happy Summer Reading!
Celebrating Authors, Illustrators, and Those Who Stand Up to Social Injustices
- 175 Classes visited the Library to use resources and computers!
- 1,577 Checkouts in March, April, and May!
- The Library hosted one Parent Coffee, one Faculty Appreciation Lunch, and a Retirement Party!
- The Library was closed for 16 days due to PARCC testing. At least the students had great books to read! (see image below)