7th Grade Advance Math
FYI - M-Step Testing begins this week for 8th graders!
Wednesday, April 13th - ELA Performance Task (during 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Hour)
FYI - 2nd Hour classes will be held during 1st hour period.
8th Grade Curriculum
3 Types of Symmetry
- Reflection Symmetry
- Rotation Symmetry
- Translation Symmetry (and Tessellations)
4 Types of Transformations
- Reflections (flips)
- Rotations (turns)
- Translations (slides)
- Dilations (enlargements/reductions)
Transformation Rules - Using rules to transform shapes on a coordinate grid
7th Grade Curriculum
- Relating Growth Factors with Growth Rates (% Increases)
- Understanding Interest Rates for loans (credit cards) and investments
- Understanding yield based on compound terms (i.e. monthly, daily, etc.)
Students will wrap up INV 2b with several "Performance Task" activities.
Task 1 - Students will explore how mortgages work
Task 2 - Students will compare several credit card offers
Task 3 - Students will consider 2 offers for purchasing a vehicle (Cash back vs lower interest rate)
Transformations - Resource Links and Videos
These are the same links and videos from the previous newsletter. I wanted to keep these resources accessible since 8th grade is now starting the Unit on Transformations.