"There's No Place Like Hooker Oak!"
Week of November 16th
Weekly LifeSkill: Pride
Weekly Announcement Video
Zoom Chats with Principal Emily
You are welcome to join me anytime during the one hour block. I will begin holding these Zoom Chats on Monday, November 30th and will continue them as long as they are being utilized.
Here is the link:
Meeting ID: 830 5072 9458
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,83050729458# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,83050729458# US (Tacoma)
Hooker Oak Staff Spotlight
Lisa Phizackerly, Parent Aide & Yard Duty
Lisa is an instructional aide and yard duty at Hooker Oak. She has worked at our school for 6 years. She really enjoys helping our students, and being a friendly face on campus.
She has 3 children, all of whom attended Hooker Oak. Her youngest is in 5th grade here. Her favorite things to do are biking and hiking.
World Kindness Day
World Kindness Day is a global day that promotes the importance of being kind to each other, to yourself, and to the world. This day, celebrated on November 13 of each year, has the purpose is to help everyone understand that compassion for others is what binds us all together. This understanding has the power to bridge the gap between nations.
Let’s try to practice and model this for our kids all of November and beyond!!
Poster to download:
CUSD Re-Opening Plan
Link to CUSD website: http://www.chicousd.org/
Family Resource Links
- CUSD Reopening Plan: http://www.chicousd.org/documents/COVID/Reopening%20Plan/Final%20School%20Reopening%20Plan.pdf
Additional Resource Links
- COVID-19 Resource Page: http://www.chicousd.org/News/Emergency-Info/COVID-19-Information/index.html
- Protocols for In-Person Instruction: http://www.chicousd.org/News/Emergency-Info/COVID-19-Information/Protocols/index.html
- Safety Protocols: http://www.chicousd.org/News/202021-Instructional-Models/Safety-Protocols/index.html
- Frequently Asked Questions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18gFEX3Lg5N30PTX0UM1sH6AEGrWa_wQlYKntDQi2wrc/edit
- 2020/21 Instruction Models: http://www.chicousd.org/News/202021-Instructional-Models/index.html
- Explanation of 2020/21 Instructional Models (Including Schedules): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AlHgZhUdtMH09MYAbxZUDBkwGQIhtCkb0dv6Szom6-w/edit
Video Resource Links
Mental Health & Wellness Resources
With growing concerns regarding COVID-19, we know this is a time of great uncertainty for all of us and our communities. Chico Unified families can take full advantage of the tele-health and virtual therapy resources made available through our partner Care Solace.