Holy Trinity CHS Weekly Bulletin
October 8, 2017
The Mission of Holy Trinity Catholic High School
Holy Trinity Catholic High School seeks to form the Christian Leaders of Tomorrow; we strive to develop the intellect, educate the heart, and form the character of each student by giving witness to Gospel values.
At Holy Trinity Catholic High School we believe communication between the school and community is crucial to making our students successful. This Weekly Bulletin will detail any announcements and events that are taking place the upcoming week. Please look for this bulletin every Friday afternoon to be sent to your email address on file.
Senior Class News:
Respect Life Week
Who will speak up for the little ones?
October 10-13 Holy Trinity Pro-Life Club is sponsoring a Respect Life Week.
Tuesday, October 10
- Students create pro-life posters so we can fill the halls with the message of the sanctity of life. Students who create a poster will receive 2 community service hours.
- ProLife Prayer Service in the Cafetorium, 9:30 am
Wednesday, October 11
- Rosary to honor life in the Chapel
Thursday, October 12
- Holy Mass
Friday at lunch in the Cafetorium:
- Birthday party with cupcakes to respect the unborn babies who will never celebrate a birthday.
- Baby Shower: Students bring diapers and wipes. Two community service hours if you bring the diapers and wipes to school. The items will be donated to Our Lady of Angels Maternity Shelter in Temple. Parents and guests are welcome to attend all services and events.
Check out the September issue of the "Trintiy Times"
Choices, Woohoo! 2nd Book Promo of this year will be a dual one:
Multicultural Heritage, historical or present day, fiction or non.
Or more traditionally, October: horror, creepy, spooky! If you missed participating in the first promo, don't miss this one!
Our dystopia unit finished up Friday, so Mrs. A will be passing out goodies to participating students and staff members on Wednesday. October 4th, during lunch.
*Library is open to students Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday mornings between 8 and the first bell. Students can also come by those mornings and pick up a lunch pass, and come visit the library after they finish eating.
*It's also a nice option to log onto our library catalog via the school website, under Academics. Take your time searching and see our latest acquisitions.
Celtics in the community!
The Wildflower Place:
This is a retirement home that is always in need of people to come and spend time with the residents. This might involve playing board games, socializing, singing, playing an instrument, etc. It is located in Temple and can be reached at (254) 239-0458.
Our Lady of the Angels Maternity Shelter:
is looking for ladies to volunteer during office hours (8am - 6pm) on a weekly basis. If you are EIM certified, able to complete a background check and have a current Driver's license, please consider serving with us! We are looking for ladies to help with daily tasks around the shelter and possibly serve as house parents. A house parent is a person who's priority is to advocate for the moms and children we house. It entails being a supportive person for the mom, transporting them to Dr appointments, help with life skills education such as parenting classes, and other things that help to improve their pregnancy or parenting situation so they can better care for themselves and their children. Email your resume to email@example.com or call 254-742-2340 for more information.
Annual Fund Appeal
For more than 20 years, Holy Trinity Catholic High School has educated hundreds of young people, preparing them to be people of Faith and productive citizens. To remain a competitive, faith-based, college preparatory school we rely on our community of parents, grandparents, Board members, faculty, staff, alumni, former parents, and friends for their support.
To celebrate our 20 years, we are committed to achieving 100% participation from our school community. Gifts to the Fr. Charles Davis Annual Appeal support our Tuition Assistance program. No gift is too small, because every gift helps a student! We have set our tuition so that we can remain affordable to our families, but tuition revenue covers only a portion of what it costs to educate students at Holy Trinity. The annual appeal helps keep our school affordable to families while allowing us to make sure no one is denied a Catholic education due to financial need.
At Holy Trinity we are challenged to continue our mission to educate the Christian Leaders of Tomorrow. We firmly believe that we can and will meet this challenge, but we need your help to be successful! Please join us in keeping Holy Trinity Catholic High School strong by making your gift to the Father Charles Davis Annual Fund Appeal.
Yours in Christ,
Holy Trinity Catholic High School presents
Black Tie & Boots
02.03.18 | 6:00 - 11:30 PM
Holy Trinity Catholic High School
6608 W Adams Ave | Temple, TX
Week of October 9th-October 15th, 2017
DAILY SCHEDULE (Respect Life Week!)
Monday, October 9th
- No School, staff In-service day
- Varsity Volleyball game at NBCA, 6:30 pm
Tuesday, October 10th
- Tues class schedule
- Uniform- regular uniform
- Pro life prayer service at 9:30 am in the cafatorium
- Jostens will return to campus to pick up ring and graduation orders from Juniors and Seniors during lunch
- Varsity volleyball vs Waldorf at 6 pm
Wednesday, October 11th
- PSAT testing until lunch, regular Wednesday schedule after lunch
- Uniform- regular uniform
- Rosary- 12 pm
Thursday, October 12th
- Thursday Mass class schedule
- Uniform- dress uniform
- Mass at 9:40 am in the chapel
- Varsity vs. Summit Christian Academy starting at 6:30 pm
Friday, October 13th
- Monday class schedule
- Uniform- spirit wear
- Coffee with the principal at 7:15 am in JP II
- Adoration at 9:40 am in the chapel
- Pep rally during 9th period
- Football at Waco Parkview, 7 pm
Saturday, October 14th
- Cross Country Meet: Concordia Cardinals Invitational at 8 am
- FACT at West Hardin HS, All Day
Sunday, October 15th
- Bella Sonna fall concert at Christ The King Catholic Church, 2 pm
Monday, October 9th- No School (Staff Development Day)
Wednesday, October 11th- PSAT Testing
Friday, October 13th- Coffee with the principal at 7:15 in the JP II room
Sunday, October 15th- Bella Sonna fall concert, 2 pm at CTK
Tuesday, October 17th- Volleyball Senior Night Game
Tuesday, October 24th- TAPPS district One Act Play at Holy Trinity
Friday, October 27th- Football Senior Night/Pink Out Game
November 1st- All Saints Day Mass at CTK at 8am