Washington County Weekly 4-H Update
September 17, 2021
WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THIS WEEK'S 4-H UPDATE...
- Washington County 4-H Calendar
- 4-H Premium Checks and Livestock Booster Fund Checks
- 4-H Items From State Fair and County Fair
- 2021 WCF Photos
- Achievement Applications
- Diamond Clover Awards
- State Fair Results
- 4-H State Rodeo - register by September 17th
- Nebraska 4-H Foundation Charity Shoot
- Interested in Becoming a 4-H Judge?
- Other Statewide Events and Resources
*NEW OR UPDATED INFORMATION IS BOLDED!
October 9.................................................4-H State Rodeo
November 1...............Achievement Application/Clover Kid Record Books/Diamond Clover Due
December 5............................................Achievement Celebration
Washington County 4-H Calendar
Did you know that you can find the Washington County 4-H Calendar on our webpage? View just the month or download and print the whole program year!
Visit https://go.unl.edu/washingtoncounty4hcalendar to view. As dates/events continue to be added we will update the calendar. The webpage will show the most recent date that the program calendar was updated!
4-H Premium & Livestock Booster Checks
These awards are made possible through the generousity of our donors - a list of donors was included with your checks - please thank them in person if possible. Please also mail a thank you to them. If you'd like addresses in a label format please call and we'll email that to you.
Sounds intimidating doesn't it? It's really not that difficult - you have all the info - just type it up and add some photos...
It is basically a summary of your 4-H and community activities- you choose which area you did the most in (Ag, STEM, Leadership, Healthy Living) - compile the information by following the guide found at https://4h.unl.edu/achievement-application and submit to our office by 5pm on November 1. Awards will be given at the County and State Level in Junior and Senior Divisions.
Some submissions are 1 page long, some of you will easily fill the 3 page limit! We can't wait to read about what you've learned and accomplished in your 4-H year.
Diamond Clover Program
There is a simple form that you use to record your activities and write a little bit about them. Complete one level each year.
Submit the completed form to our office by 5pm on November 1.
Each 4-Her completing a Clover Level will receive the appropriate Clover Pin at the Achievement Celebration.
Find the forms at https://4h.unl.edu/diamond-clover
State Fair Results
4-H State Rodeo
Don’t forget! The entry deadline for the 2021 State 4-H Rodeo closes on Friday, September 17th!
The 4-H State Rodeo will be held October 9th at the Lancaster Event CenterFind more information at: https://4h.unl.edu/horse-rodeo
4-H Foundation Charity Shoot
- Interested in becoming a 4-H judge? One easy way to get started is by completing our judge registration process. While not required, this process gets your name added to our statewide judge list which is supplied to county 4-H programs, faculty, and staff looking to hire new judges for their county fairs, contests, and shows. But you must complete the judge registration process by September 30th to be added to our statewide judge list for the 2022 program year. Get started at 4h.unl.edu/judges.
Other Statewide Events and Resources
Cat Club - https://4h.unl.edu/companion-animal/cat-club
- Dog Showmanship Video Series - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?reload=9&list=PL579hRei5D7xwKTqpe8kJw0GnfKK4x8l4
- Virtual Dog Club - https://4h.unl.edu/virtual-dog-club
- Companion Rabbit Science Online Course - https://4h.unl.edu/companion-rabbit-science
Companion Animal Workshop - https://4h.unl.edu/companion-animal-judges-workshop
Washington County Extension | 4-H
Tayler Wickham, Extension Educator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mickayla Blender, 4-H Ext. Assistant - email@example.com
Mary Larsen, 4-H Support Staff - firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 597 Grant St, Blair, NE, United States