Notes From Your Principal
September 23, 2022 ~ Volume 5, 2022-23
My Monthly Video Message
Congratulations BIS on being named a National Blue Ribbon School!
Participants must be 3rd through 5th grade students in the RethinkWaste service area*. See the site for more information.
We currently have 126 cleared volunteers!!!! Thank you! McKinley Elementary loves our volunteers! If you are a new parent or did not get your volunteer clearance, I recommend you doing so. In order to get cleared you'll need three things:
- Either a negative TB test result of a Risk Assessment form signed off by a physician.
- Cleared fingerprints (Here is the form) We suggest going to the UPS store between Trousdale and Murchison, let them know you are coming from BSD.
Change: Proof of Covid-19 vaccinations IS NO LONGER NECESSARY.
You can either submit both to me to send to Alison Bell, or you can send them to her directly at <email@example.com>.
Important Upcoming Dates/Events
- Monday, Sept. 26 - Kindergarten begins 3pm dismissals (2pm on Tuesdays)
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 - ELAC Meeting (Zoom link)
- Monday, Oct. 3 - First All-School Recognition Assembly (more information coming)
- Thursday, Oct. 6 - Make-up Picture Day
- Monday, Oct. 10 - Non-student Day, Professional Development for Staff
- Tuesday, Oct. 11 - BSD Monthly Board Meeting
- Wednesday, Oct. 12 - School Site Council (Zoom)
- Thursday, Oct. 13 - PTA Executive Board Meeting
- Friday, Oct. 14 - Principal Cafecito (Zoom) + Harvest Festival Auction Begins
For other important dates, please see our school calendar.
Thank you for all your support. ~Joy Shmueli
BCE Needs Our Support
BCE Fall Drive in Underway!
Please join fellow parents and give during the BCE Fall Drive to support our school! Your investment helps fund teacher salaries and critical programs to ensure your student has every opportunity for a bright future.
Families that contribute any amount receive a Fall Drive lawn sign (while supplies last) to join the community in a show of support for our schools.
Save the Date for BCE's Annual Fundraising Gala and Live Auction - November 5
We're excited to announce that the BCE Annual Fundraising Gala has moved to the fall and will take place on Saturday, November 5, 2022, at the exquisite Domenico Winery in San Carlos. We are currently seeking Live Auction items and volunteers. More details about the event will be provided soon, but for now, save the date!