The Bear Necessities
November 10, 2017
Subitizing...a new little idea
1.Give each child one large dot card (or present one at circle for all) and a blank card the same size with a handful of tokens (usually a few more than they need).
2. Have children re-create their dot card using the tokens on the blank card.
Patterning: a base level introduction is song, "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes"...we knew there was more than a few reasons we love that song!!
Dec 1 Tech Training available....
Julie Jenson and I are working to put together topics you would benefit from!! Watch for an email from her about Dec. 1, but here is a sneak peak....let me know if you would like to see a topic!!
8:00 - 9:00 General Google questions (come as you please to ask questions)
9:00 - 10:00 Pictures in Google Photo (Best place to put pictures. If everyone uses the same place, this makes it easier for everyone to help everyone.
10:00 - 11:00 New Google Sites/Newsletter
Our world can use a little kindness and our spirits can use a little boost.The most powerful way to increase your short-term feelings of happiness is to perform random acts of kindness to others.
November is a great time to let others know that you are THANKFUL for THEM!!
Holiday Decorating Reminders
- No natural vegetation or greenery, i.e. natural Christmas trees allowed inside the building. (IFC).
- Only designated indoor lights (miniature bulb) may be used for interior holiday lighting. Exterior lighting projects must be approved through Facilities.
- All lights and electrical decorations must be Underwriters Laboratory (UL) listed or equivalent. UL listed items will have the letters UL inside a circle that will be on a tag near the plug and designates that the product has meet safety and fire prevention testing. (IFC).
- All lights and electrical decorations must not show any signs of deterioration or disrepair. If any signs are observed, such as fraying, insulation missing, overheating, etc... they must be removed immediately.
- All sockets on lighting strands and lamps must contain a bulb or be capped whether or not it is working. No light sockets should be left be left exposed for fingers or objects to be inserted.
- All electrically items must be turned off or unplugged at the end of day, and further recommended to be turned off or unplugged when room is not occupied for extended period of time.
- Do not be excessive with the amount of lighting and/or electrical decorations. Excessive use can create a hazard even if all other items are followed. Be mindful of maintaining adequate ceiling clearance, for exampled stringing lights from the ceiling is okay as long as there is not continuous ceiling contact (IFC).
- Holiday lighting and decorations are temporary and cannot be up longer the 90 days (IFC)
Picture Retakes will be 11/29/17. If a student was absent on 10/12 or started after 10/12, please have their picture taken. The photographer will be available for staff pictures also.
Staff Absence: If you secure a Para sub through the District, please include the sub’s name in your email to the office.
Mail procedure instructions and mail supplies are in the File Room. Please remember to place KC Presort slip on mail and secure with a rubber band.
Please notify the office if a Title student is now eligible to receive Special Education services. Please place the Title cumulative file in the brown file.
Regarding time off requests, classified staff will still need to request the entire time off. If they request 4 hours and they return after 4 hours plus some, they will need to modify this time off request or work the extra time before the end of the week.
November - Emergency Response Drill
11/10 8:00 ECC Staff Meeting - Certified
11/10 Title Friday School
11/13 Vision Screening - Satellite Locations
11/14 Vision Screening - GBEEC Location
11/17 8:30 Collab Meeting
11/17 Title Friday School
11/20 Special Friends Day
11/21 Thanksgiving Feast - Staff
11/22 No School
11/23 No School
11/24 No School
11/29 Student Pictures
12/1 Title Friday School
12/8 9:00 Project Approach Training
Kerry and Jeanie Schedule
Tuesday - Jeanie 9:00 HS audit/mtg, Kerry here
Wednesday - Jeanie, MLE Feast, Kerry 11:00 mtg w/ new parent educator
Thursday - Jeanie home visit observation, Kerry Academic Ldrship Team/RTI Mtg.
Friday - Jeanie and Kerry here