The Bear Necessities
Danville CSD Elementary Newsletter September 15, 2020
Check out our Bear Necessities Vlog Post Here!!
Back To School!
The kids did an outstanding job following our Covid-19 safety protocols. They did great with their masks and with our social distancing guidelines throughout the school building. We are very proud of all of them! Thank you for your help in keeping all of our Danville students safe.
Important Info Alert!
- Due to Covid-19, students can enter the building starting at 8:00 a.m. each morning.
- We are dismissing students at the end of the day with a staggered release. Buses will exit the circle drive. Parent pick-up kids and walkers will be released following the bus departure.
- PARENT PICK UP: WE ARE ASKING YOU TO REMAIN IN YOUR CARS AND DRIVE THROUGH THE LANE TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD. Due to Covid-19, we have concerns about the number of people gathering in a large group outside of the exit doors. We are trying to minimize interaction as much as possible. Please remain in your vehicles and drive through the pick up lane and around the parking lot to pick up your child. We will begin this new system starting Monday, September 14th. Further details can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kA-pi7afmnIyIl8Ryrjc0qkNw2KbNkEoeJjb53rTaxo/edit?usp=sharing
- Both breakfast and lunch meals will be FREE for all Danville students through the end of December, 2020!
- Each Friday, the administrative team will evaluate the Des Moines county positivity rate and release our level of mitigation for the following week. Watch the Danville Facebook page and the live feed for updates.
- Monday, September 14th, 5:30 p.m. Danville CSD School Board Meeting, live broadcast via the Danville Facebook page.
- Friday, September 18th - PBIS Virtual Kickoff for students
- Mr. Martin will be testing 5th grade students on instruments for band during the week of September 14th. Please watch for information from Mr. Martin and/or the 5th grade teachers concerning band sign up and information.
Our Danville Proud moment of the week:
Fifth grade students and teachers held a moment of silence around the flagpole in commemoration of 9/11 on Friday morning.