Titan Staff News
Week of November 16
This week in our PLCs we turn our specific focus to our growing ELL population. Each year we gain just a few more students who have a very special set of linguistic needs. With this growing population comes a new level of accountability. Our goal as a campus is to have 83% of our population passing the STAAR assessment. While you know here at NISD we do not place a large amount of emphasis on STAAR, it is what is used for our State and Federal Accountability with our student sub-pops. It is a reality in which we must have knowledge of. Many of the listed ELL Focus Strategies you all are already incorporating in your classroom. Use this PLC time as a springboard in which to offer supports to each other as you monitor your students.
Have a great week,
This Week of November 16
Monday, Nov 16
Math/Sci PLCs - 8:00am
Parent Conference Night 4-7pm
Open House for STEM/AMAT
NISD Board Mtg
Tuesday, Nov 17
AVID Site Team Mtg - 8:00am
Tech Tuesday 4:00pm
Wednesday, Nov 18
ELA/SS PLCs - 8:00am
Tidwell Thanksgiving Lunch
Thursday, Nov 19
Aramark Thanksgiving Lunch
Orchestra Trip to Dallas Symphony
Friday, Nov 20
Tidwell Hosting ICLE Cohort 4 (library)
Grade Level Team Mtgs 8:00am
SBBB Due at Admin
- Grades are due Monday, Nov 16 at 8:00am!
- Here is the link to our Padlet responses to the PAP Boosters and Barriers. Thank you for your honest conversation this morning!
- Thanks to those who helped make our Spelling Bee a success. A big THANK YOU to Gloria Correa for organizing it all.
- Generation Texas Days are here! Wear your jeans and college shirts all week to support our students' interest in post-secondary education. Doors will be judged on Friday.
- As reminded this week, the Pledges and Moment of Silence are State Law and must be conducted daily. (3rd period to be exact)
- The proposed 16-17 school calendars are ready for feedback. Look for email coming this week detailing the latest changes to our district calendars.
- See attachment for our Titan Holidays!
- On Friday of this week, we host Barker's ICLE Cohort group. What does that mean for your? Business as usual! You may see a group of administrators walking into several classrooms. If we are visiting you, we have made you aware.
Sweatin' In the PLC
This Week's Focus
Guiding Questions: In what ways does my classroom support the students who are Limited English Proficient? How do I support LEP students through the use of ELL Focus Strategies?
Task: Identify the LEP students in your classes and discuss their progress on daily assignments, formative assessments and CBAs.