Cobb Middle School Weekly News
January 25 - 29
Coming Up This Week...
- Read-a-Thon registration forms available in the library - DUE FEBRUARY 4TH
- NJHS Applications available (SEE BELOW) - DUE JANUARY 29TH
- Nancy Knotts Retirement Reception, 3:45-5:00 p.m., Library
- Rising Freshman Night, 6:00 p.m., Wakeland HS; NOTE: Rising Freshman Athletic meeting will be at 6:45 immediately following the counselor presentation. The meeting will be held in Wakeland’s Auxiliary Gym.
- Rising Freshman Night, 6:30 p.m., Lone Star HS
- Art Club, 3:45-4:45 p.m., B120
- Wakeland and Lone Star counselors meet with 8th graders
- Student-Led Bible Study, 3:40-4:15 p.m., B123
- Talent Show dress rehearsal, 4:00-5:30 p.m., Cafe
- Choir UIL Rehearsal, 4:30-6:00 p.m., G108
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Griffin, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Griffin, 5:30-8:30 p.m., GMS
- FINAL DEADLINE FOR YEARBOOK ORDERS
- Symphonic Band performance at Fisher Elementary, 7:30-8:15 a.m.
- PEP RALLY BELL SCHEDULE - Winter Sports Pep Rally, 3:05 p.m., Large Gym
- PTA Board Meeting, 4:45-5:45 p.m., Library
- PTA Regular Meeting and Talent Show, 5:45-8:00 p.m., Cafe
Save the Dates
- 2/1 - 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Fowler, 5:30-8:30 p.m., FMS
- 2/1 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Fowler, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
- 2/1-2/18 - Theater UIL Rehearsal, Monday-Thursday, 3:45-5:00 p.m., Cafe/Stage
- 2/2 - Tennis vs. Griffin, 4:30 p.m., WHS
- 2/3 - Theater Tech Run-Through, 4:30-6:30 p.m., LHS
- 2/3 - WHS 2016-2017 Cheer Parent Meeting, 6:00 p.m., WHS Cafe
- 2/4 - Library Club, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Library
- 2/4 - Completed Read-a-Thon registration forms accepted at 7:45 a.m.
- 2/4 - NJHS Officers Meeting, 7:55-8:15 a.m., E102
- 2/4 - Choir UIL Rehearsal, 4:30-6:00 p.m., G108
- 2/5 - American Heart Association National RED OUT day
- 2/5 - Symphonic Band Performance, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Carroll Elementary
- 2/5-2/6 - 7th Grade Girls Basketball Tourney, Vandeventer MS
- 2/5-2/6- 8th Grade Girls Basketball Tourney, Pioneer Heritage MS
- 2/6 - Band instrument selection day for 5th graders, 8:00-4:00, Band Hall
- 2/8 - Counselors meet with 6th graders for 7th grade registration
- 2/9 - Tennis vs. Staley, 4:30 p.m., WHS
- 2/9 - Rising 6th Grade Parent Meeting (current 5th graders), 6:00-7:00 p.m., Cafe
- 2/11 - NJHS General Meeting, 7:55-8:15 a.m., D111 or 3:40-4:00 p.m., E102
- 2/11 - Counselors meet with 7th graders for 8th grade registration
- 2/11 - Choir UIL Rehearsal, 4:30-6:00 p.m., G108
- 2/11 - Rising 7th/8th Grade Parent Meeting (current 6th/7th graders), 6:00-7:00 p.m., Cafe
- 2/12 - PTA Board Meeting, 10:00-11:30 a.m., Library
- 2/12 - Hoops for Hope Student vs. Staff Basketball Game, 4:00-5:15 p.m., Large Gym
- 2/13 - Theater Tech Run-Through, 8:00-10:00 a.m., RHS
NJHS Applications - National Junior Honor Society is now accepting members for spring induction. If students are interested in being a member, they need to pick up an application from Mrs. Kalka in E102 or Mrs. Gestes in D111. All applications will be due on Friday, January 29th by 4:00 p.m. Contact Lisa Kalka at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hannah Gestes at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Pep Rally Visitor Badges - Please email Janelle Davis (Cobb Receptionist) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending the Cobb Pep Rally on Friday, January 29, 2016. Please email Janelle by NOON on Friday 1/29. If your license has been scanned THIS school year then you will have a pre-printed badge waiting for you on the day of the pep rally. If your license has NOT been scanned this school year, please allow 15-20 minutes before the start of the pep rally to get a visitor badge. See you at the Pep Rally!!!!
Overdue Library Books - It’s that time of year when we’re trying to get everything back to the library and clear student records for the semester! Please check to see if your student has overdue materials from the Cobb Library. Overdue notices have been sent to your student through their ILA class as well as home emails. Names of students who still have very late overdues will be turned over to administration starting Tuesday 1/19. Please check your student’s account by visiting the Cobb Library online catalog at www.bit.ly/cobblc. Click on the “My Account” tab and enter your student’s ID number and 8-digit birthday to see items out.
If the book is truly lost, please pay for replacement online at Mackin’s www.Funds4books.com, as we are not able to accept donated books or take payments in the library. Contact Ms. Meeks in the library regarding book replacement cost of your student's books at email@example.com.
Have you ordered your yearbook? - Your last opportunity to purchase a 2015-2016 Cobb yearbook is THIS FRIDAY! NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD after January 29th, so don't miss out. Order Now.
FCA Weekend of Champions - FCA will host its annual sports camp February 26-28. Registration is open now and ends February 5th. Visit the DFW FCA website to sign up. Feel free to email Coach Young for more information.
Lost and Found - The Lost and Found is located along the back wall of the cafeteria. All misplaced items of clothing, lunchboxes, pencil bags, etc. should be brought to this location if found. However, lost phones, tablets, jewelry or other valuables should be turned into Mrs. Mecom in the Assistant Principals' office. Unclaimed items in the Lost and Found will be donated at the end of each six-week marking period.