Youth Workforce Center Newsletter
May 6, 2021
We are now offering in-person appointments in Bristol!
GED/HSE with Andrea:
Tuesdays at Lower Bucks Campus of Bucks County Community College- 1304 Veteran Highway, Bristol from 10am to 3pm.
Thursdays at CareerLink at 1260 Veteran Highway, Bristol.
Workforce with Dena:
Mondays at Lower Bucks Campus of Bucks County Community College- 1304 Veterans Highway, Bristol from 10am to 3pm.
Thursdays at CareerLink at 1260 Veterans Highway, Bristol.
To make an appointment:
For a GED appointment: email Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or text at 267-225-2851.
For a Workforce appointment: email Dena at email@example.com or text at (267) 354-0887
- Appointments must be made in advance- no walk ins allowed.
- Appointments on Mondays and Tuesdays are at the Bucks County Community College campus in Bristol - next to the CareerLink on Veterans Highway. From the parking lot, enter the doors on the far end of the building- on the right side.
*Perkasie students- regularly scheduled classes are being held on Upper Bucks Campus. Contact Jay for class times!
Success Spotlight May 7th at 2pm.
Join us this Friday, May 7th at 2pm for our next Success Spotlight! Come and learn something new, get inspired, and earn money doing it!
This is a Pathways Plus eligible activity - earn $12 for attending.
Link to attend on Friday, May 7th at 2pm:
A guest speaker will give a 15 minute presentation on their career path, followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
Contact Dena to get started!
This program enables you to earn $12/hour for a variety of career-related activities. The activities include:
- completing workforce required activities- most of which can be completed at home through online activities
- job shadowing and internships
- volunteering to help your community
- attending (virtually for now) employer tours and talks
- attending workshops and speakers hosted by YWC- such as the Success Spotlight
- enrolling in a training to start a new career
Here is a link to to the entire list of activities that are eligible to earn $12 an hour.
Start gaining job skills and start earning money.
Questions? Just ask! firstname.lastname@example.org or text (267) 354-0887.
Wondering which career is right for you?
(Count this on your Pathways Plus timesheet!)
Have you received your vaccine yet?
Don't know where to go? If you text your zipcode to GETVAX (for English) or VACUNA (for Spanish) you will get a message back with three possible vaccination sites, with phone numbers to call for an appointment.
How to contact us
You can email the Youth Workforce Center staff (emails listed below) or you can text 267.225.2851
- For GED prep, email Andrea, Bristol GED Instructor, email@example.com or Jay, Perkasie GED Instructor, G.Jay.Francis@bucks.edu