BBRSD Central Office Update
April 29, 2022
Last Day of School
The last day of school for the 2021-2022 school year will be Wednesday, June 15. It will be an early release day.
2022-2023 School Calendar
The 2022-2023 School Calendar was also approved by the BBRSD School Committee on April 5. Please view the calendar here.
Jeffrey T. Zanghi
Superintendent of Schools
We have a new bus permanent bus driver starting on Monday for Berlin bus #1, replacing Becky who resigned from her role. Our new driver is Elizabeth (Liz) Torres; a friendly wave and hello on Monday would be a great way to welcome her to our district!
Robert Conry, Director of Finance and Operations
Pupil Personnel Department
Children’s Mental Health WeekThe first week of May is also nationally recognized as Children's Mental Health Week. In 1996, PPAL (Parent/Professional Advocacy League, then called PAL) launched the first Children's Mental Health Week in Massachusetts. It grew until becoming a nationally recognized event in 2004.
You can show your support by wearing green or displaying green lights around your home next week. If you are so inclined, you can share pictures of your green by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the SEPAC website or share them to the SEPAC Berlin Boylston Facebook group.
For more information about Children's Mental Health Week, please go to:
At-Home Testing Reminders and Updates
- You can still opt-in to the new At-Home Testing program. Opt-in here: https://forms.gle/HkhYmn9YCMzSk7jK7
- Staff and Students who are opted-in from April 28- to May 11th will receive their first At-Home test kits on May 13th.
- At-Home Testing kits are used at home each Wednesday.
- Directions for using the At-Home tests:
- "Test 1' instructions here: https://www.mass.gov/lists/covid-19-self-test-at-home-instructions-graphic
- "Test 2" contains an additional step (Step 1: Preparing Materials) here: https://www.fda.gov/media/153924/download
- Positive results are reported here. Only report results from the At-Home testing program using this link.
- Students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days should not participate in At-Home testing. Symptomatic testing is available for these individuals if needed and if consented to.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 symptoms and/or your child's readiness to return to school following COVID, please don't hesitate to contact the School Nurse.
Director of Pupil Personnel