FMS Media Center
Holly L. Jolly, Media Specialist
- Florence Middle School's online catalog, Destiny, can be accessed via Student Resources. Patrons can search for books by keyword, title, author, subject, or series, and then click on "Details" to read book summaries and locate call numbers.
- Students may check out one physical book at a time for a period of two weeks.
- Books may be renewed as long as the student brings the book to the media center for renewal.
- We are proud to offer contemporary fiction as well as nonfiction eBooks and audiobooks through OverDrive.
- OverDrive can be accessed via Student Resources. Using the drop-down menu, patrons must select Florence City School District as their digital library. Students will then enter the same username and password needed to login to their Chromebooks. (See example login credentials below.) Users can easily complete an advanced search or simply search by collection, subject, or level.
- Students may check out two OverDrive books at a time. The lending period for digital content is 14 days. On the fourteenth day, the title will expire and be returned for other students to utilize.
Alabama Virtual Library (AVL)
- AVL can be accessed via Student Resources. This online database provides students with a variety of free, reliable research materials including magazines, journals, newspaper articles, and eBooks.
Internet Safety Tips
How to Search the Internet