THE BLUE STAMPEDE
WEEKLY UPDATE: October 25th
Week Ten of the 2021-2022 School Year
We are now beginning week 10 of the school year, so all students should have settled into the "groove"of being a student at Lamar Consolidated High School. Our key focus is providing your child the best possible education in all classrooms, every day. Students have the opportunity to earn 7 credits for the 2021 - 2022 school year, and 3 1/2 credits this semester. Mandatory tutorials for our students who are not being successful will begin in November. Tutorials will be after school on Mondays and Thursdays, transportation will be provided.
All students should be monitoring their progress in each of their classes, as well as attending tutorials with their teachers before and after school. Our teachers have their tutorial times which are posted on our website, in classrooms, and on teacher canvas pages. Canvas pages for your student's classes also have resources and class assignments posted.
It is extremely important for all students to attend school each day so they can receive instruction from their teachers. When a student is absent they should be accessing work through their teacher's canvas pages. Families can also email their child's teachers if they have questions about their child's progress in their classes.
We have an amazing counseling team at LCHS that is here to serve our students. If you or your child need to contact their school counselor about issues such as grades, attendance, and/or social and emotional concerns. Make sure you visit our counseling corner for an array of resources: once you click on our home page below, next click on about, and then counseling corner.
Issues Of Concerns:
- Vaping: Over the last couple of weeks, we have caught students vaping in the restrooms which is against the student handbook rules at LCHS. Please speak with your children about the health concerns that vaping can cause, and also remind them that if a student is in possession of a vape that contains THC will be charged with a 1st-degree felony. Please click on the vaping link at the bottom of the newsletter to learn more about the harmful effects of vaping.
- Student Behavior: Our number one goal at Lamar Consolidated High School is to educate our students both academically and socially. We have observed students being disruptive in the classroom and impeding others from learning. If a student is disrupting others from learning, we will follow the student code of conduct for those who are causing campus disruptions.
- Attendance/Skipping: Please ensure that your child attends school each day, and arrives on time. When a student has 10 or more absences, truancy will be filed and your student may lose credit for their class. Students will also serve lunch detention for too many absences.
When an LCHS child tests positive for Covid, families will receive a Skylert email that states a student in your child's class has tested positive for Covid. This communication is to make you aware that you will need to monitor your child for Covid symptoms. There is no contact tracing this school year, so parents need to use their best judgment and keep students home if they begin to exhibit symptoms. Please make sure you contact our school nurse Donna Hirsch at (832) 223 3026 if your child tests positive for Covid, or must quarantine.
- For all students who cannot attend school face to face due to Covid restrictions
- Students will access their school work through their teachers' canvas pages
- Must attend 4 hours of zoom meetings per day with the remote conferencing teacher
- Students are expected to keep up with all of their school work
Remote Conferencing for PreK – 12 students will be eligible if they meet one or more of the following criteria: (20 maximum days for the entire school year)
· The student has a positive test result for COVID-19.
· The student has been identified as having been in close contact with COVID-19.
These students can participate in synchronous academic support time through daily Zoom during the assigned time – 2 hours for elementary students and 4 hours for secondary.
Teachers have provided students daily assignments through Canvas and students will complete daily lessons, activities, and assignments in all classes when participating in remote conferencing.
A Remote Conferencing Teacher will be available for synchronous instruction and academic support daily through Zoom during the assigned times.
Students that return at the end of the 10-calendar day period due to positive diagnosis or quarantine will report to the attendance or front office. A physician’s release is not required if following a 10-day period.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need additional assistance. We look forward to welcoming your student back to face-to-face instruction soon!
4 hours and does not have to be consecutive, students must report at the beginning of the hour session. (Participating 4 of the 6 sessions required for excused absence and must always have camera unless a break is provided by the teacher)
8:30 am – 9:30 am (session 1)
9:30 am – 10:30 am (session 2)
Break 10:30 am – 10:45 am
10:45 am – 11:45 am (session 3)
Lunch 11:45 am – 12:15 pm
12:15 pm – 1:15 pm (session 4)
Break 1:15 pm – 1:30 pm
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm (session 5)
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm (session 6)
Lamar Consolidated High School Remote Conferencing Zoom Link
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- The Haunt-Cert Choir concert is this Thursday @ 6:30 pm. Wear your favorite halloween costume.
- School Hours: 8:15 am to 3:40 pm. (bell schedule attached below)
- For those who require early arrival, the building opens at 7:30 am.
- You may enter via the main entrance or bus porch and proceed to the cafeteria, auditorium, or gym.
- Students will be released to classrooms at 8:06 am, unless they have a designated pass for tutorials.
- Late Start Seniors - You will report straight to 2nd period at 9:14
- Tardies began on September 1st so students must get to class on time.
**** we are still experiencing some late buses in the mornings so students will not be penalized for arriving on a late bus. We still have many students who are not bus riders arriving late to school each day***
All Lamar Consolidated High School students will need to wear their smart tags. Returning students will use the same smart tag from last school year. Students should have received their smart tag from their 3rd-period teacher. They can also get assistance from Mrs. Salem in G 102. If a student loses their smart tag, all replacement tags will be $5.
Please click on the teacher tutorial schedule to see when teachers are available to assist students.
Resources for social and emotional needs, grades, classes, testing, scholarships etc. If you need assistance accessing your child's counselor, visit the LCHS home page, click on about, and then counseling corner.
All students must have a smart tag. Click above on the Smart Tags Information title for more information.